Coaches spotting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I want to become a better spotter. I want to spot double flyaways and double backs. How can I learn this? There is no one in my gym that does them, and no one that knows how to spot them.

Some of the summer camps have coaches spotting clinics. I know Woodward has clinics for the visiting coaches and allows for hands on training.

Yeah, I'd see if you can find spotting clinics at other gyms or camps (with your head coach/owner's permission, of course).

Woodward's clinics are great, if you can ever make it out there.

I want to become a better spotter. I want to spot double flyaways and double backs. How can I learn this? There is no one in my gym that does them, and no one that knows how to spot them.

isn't tony retrosi nearby you? have him come in or go to his gym to learn.:)

my suggestion is to go to an experienced coach to learn how to spot. It will take lots of your extra time out of the gym, but if you want to go far in coaching it is worth it! If anyone is running a morning program near you (elite/hopes/preelite) its the easiest way to spend time while still keeping to your own schedule. lots of watching, note taking & learning!

For spotting on floor, start w spotting rows of standing back handsprings (5-6). you need to be able to get your hands in there and travel with the gymnast. This is a similar feeling to "getting in there" for high level tumbling. Spend lots of time and really learn & be confident when you are ready... devestating results if you are not!

or how about maureen over at new england gym express?

there you go! tony is a great guy and a great coach. he'll help you. tell him that "the expert" said hello. he'll laugh and know who you're talking about.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back