WAG State Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymbugbeetle

Coach
Gymnast
A couple of weeks back (End of May), I had my first ever state championships as a level 4. This was also my grading comp into L4. After netball in the morning of the comps, I then had a 3 hour drive down to the competition but I was worth it! Vault was first up: Good but not my best, 13.3 3rd place. Next was Bars. Let you know the bars and I don't have a good relationship... Unfortunately it showed, 10.00 8th place. Beam, my favourite, couple of wobbles hear and there 3rd place. Last up was Floor: 3rd place. All-Around was and 4th place. To grade into L4 you had to get 40 AA :D Didn't have enough team members in L4 to make a team (there was 3 of us).

Last edited by a moderator:
WEll done. Sounds like you did more than OK. Does that mean you have qualified to the next level? oh and did you win the netball?

Thank you :D. I qualified into L4, and I'll be having my L5 grading comp at the end of the year. As for netball we lost by 1 point! :eek:

I'm confused. I don't know of any states that have championships for level four gymnasts at this time of year. Or states that allow a gymnast to compete at state championships without doing a grading at a previous competition.

I'm confused. I don't know of any states that have championships for level four gymnasts at this time of year. Or states that allow a gymnast to compete at state championships without doing a grading at a previous competition.

I believe the OP is from Australia. They have a completely different system than us.

Yes, I am from Aussie and we do have a different system. Where I'm from in Aust. we don't have to have a regional comp (That's what we call it - not sure what it's called anywhere else) before we are aloud to compete states. We didn't have to grade at this comp, we can grade at any of the comps for the year

Different rules for different states in Australia too. Our level 4-6 states have their state championships in 2 weeks. You do have to qualify for our states for level 4-6 by getting a minimum qualifying score and competing at regionals. In Australia the states are divided into regions, different to the US. You also have to have already passed your level to compete at states you can't pass at states.

some states in Australia even have state championships from level 1. We have nationals from level 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back