WAG STATE IS OVER, and more importantly COMPULSORY MUSIC IS OVER

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Had one season without it and guess what, my other daughter just joined team. I guess that means 4 more years!!! I can't seem to get away from the annoying music, lol.

Ok I have a question....do different states have their state finals at different times? Ours isn't until April. I guess I just figured they were all around the same time.

Ok I have a question....do different states have their state finals at different times? Ours isn't until April. I guess I just figured they were all around the same time.

Some states have Fall compulsory seasons, some have Spring seasons, and I believe a few states have both. Then, there's NY. They have a really long season that stretches from fall into spring.

Some states have Fall compulsory seasons, some have Spring seasons, and I believe a few states have both. Then, there's NY. They have a really long season that stretches from fall into spring.

in MA - we start late oct/early november. my dd's lvl 6 runs from early nov-mid to late april. our level 3s meet is in may. they have a really long season! our level 4s end in march so a much shorter one.

Yep and at the lower levels we have 3 states. One in Feb, 2 in April.

I think the Illinois comp season is crazy long. They start in October and run thru late march/early April....with states being in March and April. Our gym doesn't start competing until January (just because I think they know the girls will be more ready by then) it ended up being more condensed, with a meet every other weekend or sometimes a meet two weekends in a row, but man, I couldn't imagine spreading meets over that long of a time, I'm glad DDs gym does their meet schedule the way they do

Our meet season is about six months long which is an eternity but they can only use four meets to qualify so we usually only have one qualifier a month starting in Jan, then one fun meet after qualifying period ends and provincials in June. That's plenty of compulsory music to sit through.

Our season in NC seems super short. Dd's first meet was the first weekend in October and her state meet is next weekend which is the first weekend in December. All that training for 2 months of competing... I wish it was a little more spread out honestly.

Before the "great level switch" (and new music), Ohio had a fall season (Sept/Oct-Dec) and a spring season (Jan-Mar/Apr). They offered compulsory in both seasons, but optionals were MOSTLY in the spring season… with some meets offering sessions in the fall season.
Now, Ohio has 1 season. The first meet seems to have been in mid-October. The State meets are all conducted on 3 consecutive weekends starting March 17 and induing April 1 for this season, so about 5 months.

Our YMCA season starts in late October. Our L3s are done in mid-March unless they choose to compete at Y Nationals at the end of June-beginning of July.
Our L4-L8 and Xcel Gold-Platinum can be done in mid-March… unless they choose to compete at the Y Regional Meet in April and/or Y Nationals.
Because of Nationals, we will still hear the L3-L5 music through June, just not as often (then the new kids start with it in August).

My personal hope is that all of our L5s that are attending Nationals have a high enough qualifying score to compete L6 instead… and they use the 10 weeks between Regionals and Nationals to perfect their L6 routines ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back