WAG straight arm back extension rolls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

I can do a bent and straight arm back extension roll on trampoline, I can do a bent arm on floor, but today I started the straight arm and I can't do it on the ground.

I guess I am definitely strong enough, but I just don't get it.

Is it possible to get a perfect straight arm back extension roll in 3 months if I train it 5 times a week for 15 minutes each day?

Thanks in advance

Don't expect to get it in one day, back extensions are a tricky skill and take time. Can you do a straight arm backward roll to push up position (like in the level 3 FX routine)? What about a straight arm back extension down a cheese mat? Those are both places to start to help you understand the skill.
I don't teach bent arm back extensions because I have found it incredibly hard to go from there to straight arm back extensions because the skills are very different. Be prepared to go back to the basics and relearn the skill completely.

Don't expect to get it in one day, back extensions are a tricky skill and take time. Can you do a straight arm backward roll to push up position (like in the level 3 FX routine)? What about a straight arm back extension down a cheese mat? Those are both places to start to help you understand the skill.
I don't teach bent arm back extensions because I have found it incredibly hard to go from there to straight arm back extensions because the skills are very different. Be prepared to go back to the basics and relearn the skill completely.

Yes I can do the straight arm to a standing pike position! I tried it the first time today, I never spent a lot of time on these (I am not competing) but I would like to get a really good straight arm back extension roll until the end of september!

Is this possible?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back