Parents sublimated warm-ups?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

sce

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi,

Has any of your kids teams bought sublimated warm-ups. Seems like the new trend. I know that it's a newer thing that GTM does, they call it UltraFuse. I'm wondering how they look, hold up, how the fabric is etc.

I'm not sure, but GK also is starting to add Sublimated leos and warm ups.

I do know that the old warm ups we had from GTM were awesome (as in bought in 2010 and they are on their 3rd wearer and still look great).
I would hope the new ones hold up as well.

I haven't seen them in warm ups but that was the process used on our wrestling singlets and baseball uniform shirts last year. They looked great and held up all year. In fact they all still look new. And they were both used and washed 20+ times. The customization was amazing- the bball numbers were in the fabric and I could pick what I wanted, the size, and where to place images on the singlets.

Reactions: sce
Is that what that is? I saw the GK Leo's at Congress and it looked a bit dated. I looked up the ultra fuse and it looks better in warm ups, but it's still not really new, so it looks dated to me. I guess the trend is coming back. It does look better with the new fitted styles rather than the old school windbreakers, granted.

Not sure if this is useful info or not-My dd hasa GK sublimated Boston Strong leo-it's washed really well, the material has held up well (no fading).

What on earth is a sublimated warm up?

Sublimate is one of my favourite words and things- to me it is where a substance transitions from the solid phase to the gaseous without passing through the liquid phase. I love dry ice!

Can't see how it could apply to clothing though :)

It is the print process, whereby a printed image on transfer paper is fused to fabric under heat and pressure by sublimation. Basically the ink turns to gas and becomes embedded into fabric, rather than laying on top of the fabric like other print methods. Never seen on warmeps/leos, but it is very durable in other applications, and allows you to print very detailed graphics.

What on earth is a sublimated warm up?

Sublimate is one of my favourite words and things- to me it is where a substance transitions from the solid phase to the gaseous without passing through the liquid phase. I love dry ice!

Can't see how it could apply to clothing though :)
That is apparently how they dye the fabric, with a dye that starts solid. Some are not truly sublimated as they become liquid, but some apparently go solid to gas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back