Parents Summer is over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am heading out to register the girls for school. I go back to work tomorrow. Kids start school on Thursday. We started the fall gymnastics schedule last night and what a start. A summer storm came through and knocked the electricity out so it ended early. We will go back tonight so I can help out with registration for the non-team classes. I hate that summer is over so quickly. Although, there may be some positive changes coming up since a really cool opportunity may be coming my way. Fingers crossed and I will say more when I can.

Funny how different parts of the country are, my kid still have 4 weeks left of summer and do not head back to school until after Labor Day!

Bummer about Summer being over for you & your dd... before ya know it Halloween will be here! :eek:

Even though my kids don't go back until Sept 13, I still can't believe it's Aug. The summer seems to be flying and I don't know where the time went (oh yeah 1/2 was spent at the gym and basketball camp for my son ha ha). Still haven't made down the shore, hope to go tomorrow. Here's to a good school year and a good competition season which starts in the fall for my DD :)!

My oldest finished school on MAy 9th, he will go back on the 21st. MIddle kid ended on June 9th and youngest on June 19th, they will go back on August 30th.

Gym has a week and a half of summer camp left, then a week with no gym and I am assuming the fall schedule will begin when school does.

Midget started school last week and the rest of the girls on the team start this week (we live in a different county and her private school follows the county calendar).

No change at gym though as we followed the same schedule over the summer. But we did get our meet schedule for level 4. :)

My kids started school yesterday, and we have a week off of gym to celebrate it!! Well, team does...my poor ds still has to go, lol.

My niece and nephew live in another town here, and they started school 3 weeks ago! They are on modified year round, so they get longer during-the-year breaks than we do. Summer just seemed to go by so fast! I remember as a kid getting that whole june july august time off for summer!!

Now if the weather here would just mimic the school schedule and become cooler "fall"... I hate that they are back in school and its still 115!!!

We still have 4 more weeks of summer here. We go back the Tuesday after Labour Day. We just returned from 2 weeks of holidays so it feels like summer is coming to an end and I'm starting to prepare for back to school.

4 more weeks here too. but it seems like it's so close already and I still have to take DD to get school shoes. (she has to wear shoes not sneakers)

And DS is off to College on the 26th!! It seems like just yesterday I was waiting at the bus stop with him for his first day of school. where does the time go!!!

My daughter goes back to school next week, and they start their fall scheudle on Monday. No time off in between summer and falls schedule.

My oldest 2 started school today. The youngest goes back next Tuesday. I wish we didn't start until the end of August or even after Labor Day. Summer goes too fast! :(

Eventhough we like the summer I will be happy to return to a regular schedule daughter will be happy to say goodbye to the summer gym schedule. She hates all the conditioning running in the summer. She is so much more focused in practice in the fall winter not sure if it is the hours or that she really enjoys competeing. I quess it is a good thing that she really enjoys the meets. She keeps saying I know I have to deal with the summer . She has only 212 weeks left than she goes back to school after labor day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back