WAG Switch leap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Splat

Coach
Gymnast
I'm coaching lower levels this year and trying to compete as a adult while practicing one of our upper level coaches mentioned that a new rule requires the first leg to be less than 45° on a switch leap before the switch. As someone who has been doing gymnastics a while and one stuck in there own was this has proven difficult for me. I just wanted to check before I go about spending lots of time fixing this on if this really is a new rule. We are Xcel

Just to be sure, I think it'd be good to mention what level in what system you're competing. US Xcel gold will have different standards than US level 7, which may have different standards than canadian level 7 or australain level 7.

I believe the current FIG requires the leg to swing to a minimum of 45 degrees and be straight to be credited. Is the 'less than 45' meant to be from horizontal in USAG?

The first leg needs to hit 45 degrees below horizontal. When I am teaching switch leaps to beginners... I always start them with the key words... "little"... "big". In other words the first kick is "little"... then switch hard to "big" (full split).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News