Parents Switching Clubs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Igobymom2024

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I have a friend who is moving her daughter from one place to another. She did try to do everything the right way but there has been a lot of guilt put on her and her gymnast by coaches, parents and athletes at the gym she’s leaving. Her daughter was already accepted onto team at a new place after a trial but she didn’t announce where she was moving because she didn’t want any bad blood and wanted to exit gracefully. She’s wondering if when the new gym adds her to their roster if the old gym will immediately be able to see where they went, for instance on USAG? We know the cat will be out of the bag when she starts competing but for the months that she’s practicing for competition season are they able to see where she is if the new gym does not contact the old coaches?

I don't think so, but as a former coach, the gymnastics community is small and gossip is large. Coaches know each other and they talk. And it's often innocent - a lot of times one of my old coworkers would just text me and say they had one of my former athletes and it would be a chance to catch up. It happened a lot post covid because our gym dropped its dev program so all those kids went other places. Just things like that. Also, I know our club's owners followed other local clubs on social media so if there are any pictures/videos shared, that's another way they might find out.

I don't think so, but as a former coach, the gymnastics community is small and gossip is large. Coaches know each other and they talk. And it's often innocent - a lot of times one of my old coworkers would just text me and say they had one of my former athletes and it would be a chance to catch up. It happened a lot post covid because our gym dropped its dev program so all those kids went other places. Just things like that. Also, I know our club's owners followed other local clubs on social media so if there are any pictures/videos shared, that's another way they might find out.
Thank you!

I’m pretty sure when her club is officially switched in her USAG profile, that it will show up in the app if anyone tries to look at her past results or something like that.

Is there a particular reason she feels the need to keep her new club secretive for several months? I guess I don’t understand. While she doesn’t need to make some sort of grand announcement, I would think answering honestly if asked would create less drama and speculation than trying to be secretive about it. Especially if everything with her spot at the new club is finalized.

As soon as the gymnast is removed from her current clubs USAG roster (by her parent), the current club administrator receives Ava email. You can’t see where the gymnast is going to be registered, but they will she she was taken off the roster. How long is she planning to stay at old gym since she’s already trialed and has joined another team? That’s just a little strange.

She’s wondering if when the new gym adds her to their roster if the old gym will immediately be able to see where they went, for instance on USAG?

Meet entries are happening right now... so any meet that she is registered for will know what club she is at. The gymnastics world is very small.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back