Parents Team mates moving on-so sad

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know it happens, but it is hard. Daughter's gym had to close(flooded) and the girls had to move to the coach's other facility in a neighboring town. For me, it is still a 20 minute drive. We are now in a better area with more things to do around the gym. So I can drop the girls off and go to the bookstore or shopping etc. Before, we were in the country. Nothing to do around there besides a Sonic. But for some of the girls that lived near the country gym(like 5 minute drive) it is now a 40 minute drive. There aren't a lot of gyms in the area. One in Vicksburg, one in Madison, and this one in Brandon and one in Flowood. That is it.
Daughter's best friend is looking at the one in Vicksburg which is 45 minutes from us.We won't be joining them and I am content with her current gym. That mom swears that when she leaves all these others are going to do the same. We shall see. They have begged us to go with them. I can't. Not feasable. Plus that gym only does prep-op after 4. And they go to places like Utah on meets. That is a major trip. We would not be able to do that. So from 4 level 4's there will only be 2. The other level 4 is moving to cheerleading. So sad and hard. :(

I can seriously sympathize with you. DD just moved to her new gym a week ago. She misses her old teammates. Thank goodness everyone at the new gym has been so warm to DD and myself. I agree it is very hard, but sometimes change is positive. I hope all works out for you! My little one is loving her new gym, but she still reminices about her friends at the old gym. Your DD will make new friends. Could she still keep up with the old teammates?Good luck to you!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back