Parents Tendonitis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Christine Chambers

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My daughter was diagnosed with tendonitis in both ankles and prescribed with physical therapy. The therapist wanted her to continue with her regular training schedule while undergoing PT. She's doing ok but of course her ankles are achy. She ices them both before and after practice every day. Anyone else have any remedies or stretches they would recommend to help as she works through this? Thanks!

Well, I say follow your doc's and PT's advice.

My DD has had a couple of bouts of lower body tendinitis. Both times she'd heat and then do her PT stretches before practice. She would also do some of her assigned PT stretches in a warm shower. I have no way to tell whether this helped or not.

She also took ibuprofen as per her physician's and PT's advice. She also was to stop all activity when she hit a given pain threshold (like a "4").

Hmmm I also did some light massage that her PT showed me how to do

To be honest, her former coach recommended ice but when she switched to only heat per PT (after about a month of no progress) she felt she had better overall mobility.

I do know the ice vs. heat is often debated.

But pretty much everything I outlined above was as directed by medical professionals, if you can sense a theme. I'd ask the PT. :)

We cannot give medical advice. Please follow her doctor/PT's orders.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

THE BEST OF ALL TIME

Back