Think I Got My Stuff In Order Now...lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Okay, meet season is OVER!!!!! Whew! LOL. Last weekend (March 25th) Kadee had her State Meet. In Arkansas the L4s have a "fun" meet. But they still place them as "champ" if they get first.
Kadee ended up with Level 4 age 6b (LOL) State Champ on Bars and Beam. She placed 2nd on Vault and Floor. She ended with 2nd AA. The girl who beat her, did it by .05. It is what it is...no hard feelings. She came so far, as both a gymnast and as a person this season. For a little girl who skipped L3, came into L4 behind the 8-ball...she was rocking it by the end of the season. She had a pretty easy season last year as an L2. I think she learned some very valuable lesssons this season. It's not always easy. You have to work your rear end off to acheive your goals. And most the time, there is someone better than you...lol. And that's okay.
She is uptraining right now. But, will probably repeat L4 next year. It all hinges on that good ol' kip...lol. She already has the cartwheel on beam..can probably get the second bhs. But like most, she is waging war with the kip. She is bound and determined to show her Coach that she will get that kip, so she can compete L5...lol. Im happy she has that determination, but hope she isn't too disapointed when/if it doesn't happen in time.
My little guy has been going to baseball practice. And next week he will have his first game. He is very exctied about that. So that will be a new adventure for the family.
We found a house we really like and are going to put a bid in on it soon. So, crossing our fingers that all goes through with that. So tired of renting and paying everyone elses morgage..lol
Anyway, I THINK things have settled down a little bit around here and I can get on here more often. I miss you all.
I have a lot of catching up to do.

Well done Kadee she had a great season. Hope her determination pays off and she gets her kip!

Welcome to Arkansas! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Glad to hear that your daughter has been sucessful. Good Luck with your new house.

Thank you everyone. I will keep you all posted on any kip updates..lol
ARKGYMMOM, thanks for the welcome. But, I'm a true blue Arkie..born and raised here.

Congrats to her on working so hard and finishing strong this year! Good luck getting that kip! And a second good luck on getting the house!

Congrats to your little state champ! Very cool! Hope she gets that kip. I bet she will. One of our little 6 year old L4's just got hers a couple weeks ago!

Thank you everyone. I really am so proud of her. I wrote this big long reply about how things are progressing. Probably still gonna be a L4 next season..but things are def. moving along. Anywho..wrote this whole long response..and the site ate my reply. I think it is it's way of telling me I was rambling again..lol.
So, I will just say, thank you. And I will update later.
I have been doing A LOT of reading, trying to catch up...lol

Congrats to her and good luck on that kip! Love that she's working so hard at it! And good luck on the house--hope you get it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back