tiger paws?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi all
i was wondering what tiger paws are used for. i have a pair and i sometimes use them but i don't want my wrists to get weak and not be able to tumble without them and have problems in the future. my wrists never hurt when i tumble. should i use them?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your wrists don't hurt you shouldn't need them... But when you start yurchenkos, you'll need them, whether your wrists hurt or not.

Nothing should happen if you use them. they are just supports for the wrist. Usually gymnasts who's wrists are hurting for one reason or another need the extra support to do the tricks. If you have no pain then there really isn't a need to use them.

My DD has used them since L6 because she has very small wrists compared to her body and her wrist were starting to hurt. Her DR insisted that if she is going to do gymnastics she needs a wrist support. Since she's used them the pain has gone away. My DD's Dr was a gymnasts when she was young too and her comment on these is that every gymnast should wear them even if they don't have pain in their wrists because kids still growing can have issues that don't show up untill later. So I would say it shouldn't make your wrists bad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back