Parents Too many handstands?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Or cutting open a foot after cartwheeling into a glass door (thankfully not my dd)

Yep I’m sure my dd doesn’t even realise she cartwheels as much as she does

Mine had her arms slide out on her while doing a handstand on our concrete floor. I heard her head hit the ground from the next room. She was fine, but it did initiate a "no handstands in the house rule" that she was happy to follow.

I have very fond memories of my sister and I taking a swing down from our play structure and teaching ourselves baby giants on the bar. We also used the back of a couch and the side of our bathtub as a beam. Luckily we somehow managed to avoid injuries but the idea of my DD doing any of that is terrifying!

I’m in the “I miss it camp.” It used to drive me bonkers, but I got sad at the beach a few weeks ago when she didn’t even want to tumble in the sand because she was too sore.
It goes from cutsie to owie too fast!!

YG realized last fall that she is too tall for 'couch vaulting' ... we have a "sectional" type but the couch itself is only 1 piece. One cushion is a chaise that has an extra piece for under it. Well, she would put the chaise part in the middle, do a handstand (originally up onto the couch but later on the floor) and fall to flatback on the chaise.
Last fall (not quite 13) she realized the ceiling fan was too close to her feet AND she is too tall for her head to be on the chaise unless she wants to kick out the 4 ft x 6 ft window. She was just doing a regular handstand, thankfully, when she found out about the ceiling fan ... and the fan was off. She laid on the chaise to "check" because she hadn't done it in over a year and a half and I told her she was too tall now and she didnt believe me, lol. The chaise is shorter than me and she is taller than me.

Now, she can only do handstands in the office - no ceiling fan ... OR outside.

Or cutting open a foot after cartwheeling into a glass door (thankfully not my dd)

Yep I’m sure my dd doesn’t even realise she cartwheels as much as she does
YG was given the "Cartwheel Queen" award when she was 6 and first on team :) ... 7 years later, and she is finally seriously working on cartwheels on beam, lol.

my kid got told no handstands in Disney Land. someone actually came over to us and told her to stop doing handstands. :rolleyes:

I know Disney world is so strict about this.
Every year for cheerleading competitions we would try and get pictures of us stunting in front of the castle or at epcot or wherever... and always get told to stop (several times over). The poor staff must hate it when competitions are hosted, because EVERYONE stunts & tumbled in the parks ahah!

I know Disney world is so strict about this.
Every year for cheerleading competitions we would try and get pictures of us stunting in front of the castle or at epcot or wherever... and always get told to stop (several times over). The poor staff must hate it when competitions are hosted, because EVERYONE stunts & tumbled in the parks ahah!
:D:D

My kids do random handstands and cartwheels all the time. I used to as a kid, as well. No couch vaulting allowed though. My siblings broke a couch doing this as kids so that is a hard NO from me because I'm not about replacing furniture that was ruined from kids jumping on it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back