Parents TOPs camping question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Fijiwater

Proud Parent
Anyone have kids that have been to a TOPs camp? DD will go to her first camp alone (most likely without her teammates) with her coaches. My wife is worried about DD being alone in the cabins with a bunch of girls she won't know. Any advice or info on what the girls do while they're not in the gym? Any thing they do to make campers more comfortable or make aquantainces with each other? I think DD will be just fine she's pretty mature and bright so I think she will have no problem making friends and being self sufficient. Mom is just worried about her baby :)

As moms will always be. Whether she is goign with teammates, coaches, or who, moms will worry. Hopefuly people can give you some ideas of what camp is like, but in reality, mom will worry :) And you get to be the one to help her through this!!! Good luck and congrats to your daughter :)

Anyone have kids that have been to a TOPs camp? DD will go to her first camp alone (most likely without her teammates) with her coaches. My wife is worried about DD being alone in the cabins with a bunch of girls she won't know. Any advice or info on what the girls do while they're not in the gym? Any thing they do to make campers more comfortable or make aquantainces with each other? I think DD will be just fine she's pretty mature and bright so I think she will have no problem making friends and being self sufficient. Mom is just worried about her baby :)

she'll be fine. she won't be alone. they're all sardines in the same can. she'll have a blast.

My daughter has been to the ranch in Texas about 5 times from age 8-10. I went when she qualified for the national testing her first year but I barely saw her and me and the other mothers just sat by the pool at the hotel. (Not that I'm complaining) she loved going and meeting new gymnasts and it is fun when she sees them at travel meets. It's a great experience.

GTCmom of a level 8 gymnast and wife of a coach

She will have a great time. My dd has made new friends each time she has gone. All that I have heard about after camp is how nice "so and so" is. My dd gets super excited now each time she goes to a meet and runs into a TOPS friend. I hope she has a bunch of great memories!

She will have a great time. My dd has made new friends each time she has gone. All that I have heard about after camp is how nice "so and so" is. My dd gets super excited now each time she goes to a meet and runs into a TOPS friend. I hope she has a bunch of great memories!

Oh that is so cool I hadn't realised that your DD made it to TOPs camps, what years did she go?

That is very special indeed, you must be very proud.

Ah yes I remember. That is the one where USAG sends out info to the TOPs kids and they can choose to pay for their gymmies to go to the camp with a coach.

This is entirely different to the regular developments camps. Probably a ton of fun for the gymmies.

The invite camps are TOPs, they offer spots to A teamers and diamonds for a week, then B teamers for a week, and so on down the line. I think the developmental camps are J.O. Level 9's & 10's. When our coach signed DD up it had only been open to register for 4 hours and was half full!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back