TOPs Testing - so it begins again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

So, after what seemed like a two second break between the end of meet season and Cait's next thing, TOPs Testing is upon us. She has been working really hard and not taking anything for granted. I wasn't sure if she would be able to stay motivated after going down the ranch last year, but she is as excited, if not more, than last year. Her first test is this Friday, June 25th.

So far, in practice, her testing looks better than last year. She added 4 to 5 inches to her jump, shaved off .1 of her sprint, improved her flexibility and greatly improved her cast handstands. She has also much more prepared for the skills part of the testing should she be fortunate enough to make it down to the ranch again.

Her goal is to make the "A" team this year but you never know. I know my wallet would appreciate that..

Her next test will be July 23rd and then we find out about the invites to Texas sometime in August I believe...

Thanks for letting me share...

I just wanted to wish you good luck. Our gym sent 14 girls to the first TOPs testing, so I know it can be stressful. My DD isn't one of them (she's a teenager), but I'm sure your DD is a rock star.

Just wanted to wish her all the best! She is ready, she is prepared and she also has the experience of being through this before...all which will help her this time around! Good Luck, Cait! :)

How exciting for her!! Wishing her all the luck!! It so good to hear she's made improvements since last year! Texas must of been soooo much fun!

I really hope she makes the "A" team. :)

I just wanted to wish you good luck. Our gym sent 14 girls to the first TOPs testing, so I know it can be stressful. My DD isn't one of them (she's a teenager), but I'm sure your DD is a rock star.

14? Wow, that is a lot. How many tests are they doing?

How exciting for her!! Wishing her all the luck!! It so good to hear she's made improvements since last year! Texas must of been soooo much fun!

I really hope she makes the "A" team. :)

Texas was a ton of fun when she went down for the B camp. I am not sure how much fun the first time was... LOL.. It was pretty intense and she was fairly nervous. Plus she had never flown before so that was making her a little anxious as well...

Good luck!!!! Can't wait to hear how great she does. I'm sure that she'll have no problem qualifying for the A team.

Iggy, they are doing all the tests required until they either qualify, or don't. Since I haven't done TOPs, I'm not really sure. I don't know what their results were, but I think they do.

MamaofEnS

GO CAIT!!!!
Sounds like she is going to be great with those improvements considering how awesome she did last year!:) Hope that "A" team is in her future!

So, after what seemed like a two second break between the end of meet season and Cait's next thing, TOPs Testing is upon us. She has been working really hard and not taking anything for granted. I wasn't sure if she would be able to stay motivated after going down the ranch last year, but she is as excited, if not more, than last year. Her first test is this Friday, June 25th.

So far, in practice, her testing looks better than last year. She added 4 to 5 inches to her jump, shaved off .1 of her sprint, improved her flexibility and greatly improved her cast handstands. She has also much more prepared for the skills part of the testing should she be fortunate enough to make it down to the ranch again.

Her goal is to make the "A" team this year but you never know. I know my wallet would appreciate that..

Her next test will be July 23rd and then we find out about the invites to Texas sometime in August I believe...

Thanks for letting me share...

If you don't me asking what was her vertical jump and sprint last year??? I'm curious cause I know Liv struggles with both of these but don't how severe her issue is.....lol!

Adding four or five inches to her jump is a BIG deal! Jeez, that gives us some serious hope!! Thanks.

Unless she grew 4 or 5 inches. lol. Seriously that is a very good improvement in jumping. I have one in my group that can't jump. I'd love some helpful drills for her.

If you don't me asking what was her vertical jump and sprint last year??? I'm curious cause I know Liv struggles with both of these but don't how severe her issue is.....lol!

Adding four or five inches to her jump is a BIG deal! Jeez, that gives us some serious hope!! Thanks.

Last year her vertical was 14.5 at regional testing and 13.5 at national testing. She is been hitting 19 consistently this year in practice

Last year her sprint was 3.19 at regional and 3.18 at national. She has been running in the sub 3.1 this year. Best time of 3.06 I believe...but she does sprinkle in a few 3.2's so who knows...

She has her first test tomorrow at 2:30. She told me tonight that she was ready...

Sean

Unless she grew 4 or 5 inches. lol. Seriously that is a very good improvement in jumping. I have one in my group that can't jump. I'd love some helpful drills for her.

Cait does a lot of workouts with her ankle weights. She also has grown a few inches this past year as well. She is still very small but the few inches helped her leg strength tremendously..

Go Cait !!!! Cannot wait to hear all about It. Bet she rocks it, sounds like she has really worked hard.

She has worked hard. We leave for vacation later on tomorrow night or early Sat morning. I may not have a chance to post how she does but I will try.. :D

Thanks,

Sean

Well we are back from vacation so I can post her test results. She really knocked it out of the park. I started looking at flights to Houston earlier today to gauge price.

In no particular order,

Rope climb - 8.65, very similar to last year
Run - 2.97 :applause:fastest time for her ever
Jump - 19 inches, up from 14.5 last year
Handstand hold - 43 seconds, maxed out at 30 last year. was a little disappointed with this. She normally does the full 60 but just lost her grip a little bit
cast handstands - 10 points, nailed them. Up from 7 last year
leg lifts - 20 same as last year
bridge - 5 same as last year
splits 14 and 11 for a 12.5. .5 up from last year
presses - 10, same as last year

Her score looks to be around 80, 81. Last year's 10 yr old cutoff was 69 so she looks to be in good shape. She is deciding on whether she wants to test again in July or not. She was very happy with her performance.

I hope everyone else is having great tests.. Thanks,

Wow Iggy, those are huge improvements in an evaluation where the tiniest fraction of an inch counts! Great job Cait!!!

SO how long do you have to wait to see if she made the A cute off?

Wow Iggy, those are huge improvements in an evaluation where the tiniest fraction of an inch counts! Great job Cait!!!

SO how long do you have to wait to see if she made the A cute off?

Cait needs to first be invited to National Testing before we know about the A or B team.

Normally they invite the top 100 or so in each age group to Texas. From there 40-60 girls in all the age groups make the A team and the next 40-60 girls in all age groups make the B team. The national testing is in October so we normally don't hear about the A or B teams until a week or two after testing. We, also won't know about who is invited to National Testing until sometime in August but it looks pretty good for Cait... Thanks,:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back