Parents Transitioning from Excel to Artistic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For the record, Gymnasts do not have to score out of L6 to compete platinum - at least not in NC. I'm not really sure why they instituted the level 5 score out either. If they want to consider xcel a separate program, then they should come up with their own mobility requirements. I was wondering if they were going to add diamond. There was chatter about region 8 not implementing diamond.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I stand corrected. :) The gym that I just left had a very new Xcep/Prep opt program and had no gymnasts that have competed Platinum (aside from a couple on our JO team that weren't ready to compete L7, and thus, had compete L6 anyway). They have a few that may be ready to go from silver to gold this year, but no one even close to ready to compete Platinum. I must have mis-read the requirements. Though... It would certainly make more sense if there were going to be requirements that hinged on JO results to have them reach the L6 mobility score before competing Platinum, since Platinum is kind of in between L6 and 7.

I do tend to agree that if it is going to be an entirely separate track and the gymnasts will not merge into the JO optional program, then there should be a mobility requirement that is not dependent on competition within the JO program.

Though... It would certainly make more sense if there were going to be requirements that hinged on JO results to have them reach the L6 mobility score before competing Platinum, since Platinum is kind of in between L6 and 7.

I agree. All the requirements for platinum are at lease level 6 requirements. I think it was initially because there is such a range of skills that can be done at the bronze and silver level - from a girl just doing a RO back roll to a girl with RO back tuck - but once you get to gold, the requirements narrow down and get much harder. I think they wanted to make sure the girls going to gold could compete on a semi-level playing field. And I agree with that. I am just not sure why they would mix JO mobility requirements in there. They could have had a mandatory checklist for the coaches or something similar. I guess they figured L5 score outs are a easy/quick fix.

Thank you guys for answering my questions. I am starting to understand it more. I will also check out the website about the level requirements. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back