Trouble finding leotards to fit long waisted child

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD2 while only 7 is very long waisted. I am having a hard time finding leos that fit her. Her girth is 51. But she is still the shape of a child. She is either a adult x-small or adult small depending on the brand. There are 2 leo stores in town and in the surrounding mid state area. They don't carry adult sizes. They have lots of toddler sizes. I was hoping to buy from a store and not charge anything or to paypal them. I need a brand name that will fit her. I did buy her one alpha factor aerials leo and 2 dance leos that were tank cut but she isn't crazy about the dance ones. She is narrow, long waisted, and has a little bit of a booty. :) Any brands that fit this shape?

If you go on Etsy you will find some home leo makers out there. You could send them her measurements and get something made to measure for about the same price as a new, brand name leotard. And you will be able to use paypal. But your resale will not be as good as if you use the name brands and standard sizing.

Destira has a size called "Junior" that might be right for your daughter.

Destira: Size Charts

I too have a very long torso which makes lots of leos cut in on the shoulders. They have a great deal of 2 leotards, 1 pair of shorts, a magnet and stickers ect. going at $72 Leotards| Gymnastics Clothing | Power Chix Gymnastics Leotards just click on power pax special down the side. have you tried any snowflake leotards i hear they are good?. http://www.quantumleotards.com/- designing her own leotard might be fun, LeotardWorld- i recently ordered a leo from here about a few days ago they have some super cute stock :) hope i helped :)

trdebbie sells flipflop leos on ebay. I find that they work well for the long skinny types!! They are not $$$ and she ships super quick:)

HTH:)

thanks. :)
We used trdebbie for years, but when oldest got thicker through the shoulders they stopped fitting and they have never fit youngest as she is thin but has a booty, so she always had a wedgie in those. LOL

My DD is long waisted also & she will only wear GK tank style leos. She says they are the most comfortable & give her the best coverage without worry or bother(meaning they don't ride up & cause wedgies or cut into her at the shoulders). But she does go between an AS & AM depending on the leo style. Even within the brand the different styles fit her differently because of her long waist. You can call the GK outlet store in Pennsylvania, they are very helpful & will ship. Good luck!

Does her gym allow 2 piece leos? Motionwear makes nice 2 piece and you can purchase as separates in case you need a different size top or bottom, they are racer style tops and shorts on bottom. Dreamlight has some that are more like a standard Leo cut on the bottom but are sold in sets.

Gk fit her well and so does Alpha Factor-just can't find any in the local stores.
She has one 2 piece that is a great fit, but too cold to wear when it is chilly outside. The gyms aren't well heated.

Thanks.

We've been to lots of meets & gyms that sell GK leos(you can try them on that way), but you can buy them cheaper by calling GK's outlet store in PA. Maybe try calling other gyms in your area & see if they sell GK leos in their Pro-shops?

Jagwear do leotard tops which are long length so suitable for the winter. Online you can choose the colour, design and put in the exact length for your child. The choice is enormous. She could wear them with shorts or 2 piece bottoms she already has.

Thank you! :)
Oh, and our gym which has 2 locations is one of 3 in the area. None of them have pro shops. Gymnastics is not popular in our state.

Thank you for the reccomendations for Destira leotards. I bought her 3 of the grab bag specials for 13 dollars each. Two are awesome fits and one is too big. I ended up getting her the adult xsmall to allow for some growing room. They are so cute. One is beige with brown spots and the other is red with white dog prints. The patriotic one is too big. She loves them. I ordered 4 more for her. :) Thank you so much!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back