WAG Trust

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SignHere

Proud Parent
I moved DD (Level 7) to a new gym 7 months ago. She has made friends, and she tells me she likes her coaches generally. Her scores went up this year during competition season, and my husband and I saw some real improvement in her performance. So that is all good.

We recently had a discussion with her HC about how DD has been doing. Basically my big take-home from this discussion was that DD is having a hard time trusting the coaches or asking for help.

Is this common for this sort of trust to take longer than 7 months? I know that there is not really anything that I can do about it, except maybe reassure her that it's okay to ask for help, but I was wondering.

My son didn't move gyms, but his coach quit suddenly last May. After over 3 months with no coach, we got new one. I would say that it has easily taken until now for the boys to start to fully trust him. Some more than others, but I think it is perfectly normal. Good luck to your DD

The perspective from the HC is that the Ops Dd is finding it hard to trust her coaches..... I'm wondering what is the perspective of Ops Dd?

IMHO sometimes there are often reasons why a gymnast struggles to trust a coach/ es - if possible I would listen to the gymmy first then try to catch a couple of practises very quietly if you are able to watch. Not meaning going CGM but just to get a feel of the general atmosphere.

Not implying that all coaches don't have great kid skills- but as in every activity our kids are involved in there will be some adults with better/ worse child skills.

Good luck:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back