WAG Tsuk problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast28

Gymnast
I have done tsuk for about 3years now and always had a bit of fear with them when flipping on hard surface(comp setting) but usually after I flip my first one I’m good. This year is my first year flipping pikes and they are great onto above floor height mats on a pit vault but I’m super inconsistent flipping them when I move them to the real vault. When I do flip them they’re great. I have been scared tsuks and had mental blocks in the past but it just doesn’t feel like that. I feel super confident that I can land them and feel confident when I’m running even but when I get on the vault to flip them I feel like I forget how to do them and then the more I do without flipping them the more I feel like I am forgetting how to do them. It’s so weird because I can imagine myself doing them. It’s also super weird because I can go from flipping them one day with ease to the next day not flipping any. I have tried to explain this to other gymnasts and my coach but know one seems to understand what I’m talking about. Everyone thinks that I’m scared and just won’t admit it. Just wondering if someone’s had a similar experience or if anyone has any tips thanks.

Don’t think about it when you aren’t doing it. Your brain can’t 100% comprehend it and you will confuse yourself. You have to trust your muscle memory and do it over and over.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back