Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BeamPrincess

Coach
Judge
I am after drills and help regarding FRONT TUCK STEP OUT TO ROUNDOFF (As first part of series on floor).

I am also after drills and help regarding BACK LAYOUT FULL TWIST ON FLOOR.

Thank you

Well i don't think it is necessary to do drill for the step out provided you have a strong and high front sault. The main thing i tell people when learning this move is to complete the front sault and where you would normally stretch out before landing you need to strongly kick your legs out and apart. The faster you extend them the more time you have to brace yourself for the impact and make adjustments to stride length and knee bend to ensure a smooth lunge into your round off.

For the full twist just do them so often on trampoline that they become easy. Then try it on floor and KABLAMO.

Try doing fwd rolls on a 1.25m tall spotting block so their lower back/hips are on the edge of the block as they begin to "sit up" during the roll. If they sit up with enough energy they can "step-out" into a round-off flip. I've had kids try this off the end of a padded balance beam and believe that with the extra "core" effort to maintain their balance they were better able to direct their step-outs straight into their round-offs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back