Twisting Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

CamSeawind

I have this problem with twisting:
  • I twist way to early during back tumbling
  • I can not do a layout because my body twists anyway

And, by magic few weeks ago I was able to do my twist perfectly, now it's back to it's normal stupidness. I have no idea why I have such a big problem and I really want to fix it. My body just does it, even if I don't want to.

My coaches have told me little other than, twist later, set first, layout first

I had this problem too! infact, i just twisted on the real floor again for the first time yesterday! I got so frustrated with it that I almost quit. But when I changed gyms in september, My coaches helped me to fix it. heres what i did:
first, i started by going back to the basics and seeing what was causing me to twist. for me it was that i was twisting early and therefore, not setting into my layout. Im guessing that you are having the same problem seeing as you are twisting early. To fix this i went back to the basics. start with doing ro-bhs- set. next go to ro-bhs-bt thinking about your set and that both sides of your body are even to one another (ex. make sure your arms are setting at the same level, pushing the same amount off each leg when you set, ect.). Next i went to layouts doing the same thing, but, for me i had to bring my arms down to touch my thighs. This was the big thing for me because then its almost impossible to twist when you cant use your arms. When you get comfortable with these, you start twisting again, making sure to set before you twist. This worked for me and i managed to get my tumbling back in about 4 months. Remember that it will take time to figure things out, and it will take many repetitions to become comfortable. So be patient and if you have to, go back to the pit and work you way up. I am still not 100% comfortable but with time it will come. Good luck and hope it works for you!

Omigosh! Thank you-thank you-thank you!! I'm going to try this today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back