twisting in a full...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

what is a good way to initiate twisting in a full, i have a barani on floor and a back layout half on tramp, and im working on a layout full (forward) on tramp as well... but my twisting really needs work... help please!

Gymnastics and trampoline people do it differently and you mentioned doing it on floor and trampoline so it would depends on what you are needing it for. In gymnastics the gymnasts often pull and hold their arms in by their chests in the direction of the twist, while staying really tight this is often enough to initiate the twist. There are actually several methods that is just one. You must also make sure your head, shoulders and hips and tight and turning at the same time and that you keep your arms in until the twist is over because if you throw them out or up that will stop the twist. Most of the same principals are used in trampoline except if you compete trampoline my understanding is that the arms have to be down by your side and you cannot pull them in or wrap them so it is a bit harder to initiate the twist and is really has to come from your heal drive, hips and shoulders. If you go to youtube and look up "gymnastics minute" they have a ton of instructional videos, many of them dealing with twisting.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back