Parents uh oh. Disney vs. Gymnastics camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
I have booked a Disney cruise for our family to go on next year. It is one that only happens once per year. I booked it before the kids went to flip fest and the girls fell in love with Svetlana Boginskaya.

Then, when my youngest was soooo upset about leaving camp I told her I'd look into the day camp that she does. DD was soooo excited.

I looked into it. It is during one of the weeks that we will be on the cruise. The kids don't know about the cruise - it is their Christmas present from us.

But still, I figured it would all be OK. I mean, what kid wouldn't be excited about a Disney cruise?? Right?

So yesterday DD asked when the camp is and we started just talking in general about going to gymnastics camp and how much fun they had. I asked, "Which would you rather do - go to Disney World or gymnastics camp?"

All three kids said, "CAMP!!!"

Oy!

Oh no!
Is there another gym camp you can book them into to soften the blow. I'm sure they will have a great time once they are on the cruise but wouldn't want to be in your house when you tell them, lol.

Am I understanding this..... that you're asking your kids to give up a week with Svetlana (cue to booming echo) Boginskaya? Surely, you must be completely uninformed about the presence that is Svetlana. Svetlana trumps *anything*, like.......

Disney cruise

Swimming with dolphins

Disney world

Maui in the winter

Speechless hypocrites..... or was that speechless politicians?

Giggling toddlers

Sleeping babies

Playful puppies

whirled peas...... whoops, I meant to say world peace

Geez.........

Am I understanding this..... that you're asking your kids to give up a week with Svetlana (cue to booming echo) Boginskaya? Surely, you must be completely uninformed about the presence that is Svetlana. Svetlana trumps *anything*, like.......

Disney cruise

Swimming with dolphins

Disney world

Maui in the winter

Speechless hypocrites..... or was that speechless politicians?

Giggling toddlers

Sleeping babies

Playful puppies

whirled peas...... whoops, I meant to say world peace

Geez.........

I love this! Made me giggle early in the morning! My DD would be the same way.....if its not gymnastics related, she doesn't want to do it! I agree with others: see if you can find some camp thats comparable. Maybe it can be another Christmas present so she will be excited about both. Good luck!

haha iwannacoach!

The will still get to do Flip Fest; but it seems like Svetlana goes the 2nd week of camp and they will be going with their new gym which always goes in July. I'll have to promise the Svetlana camp the NEXT summer and make sure I don't book anything for that week! I think that my girls agree with iwannacoach on what she trumps though. They just adore her. :D

Sveta is a great human being and her love of gymnastics and children is still...well...childlike and adorable. my wife and i love her.:)

and btw, i loved those Disney cruises. we did them before Disney owned their own ships. my kids had a blast. funny, if i had to choose a Disney camp over the ranch, and even if Sveta was there, well...i'd go on the cruise.

Disneyworld instead. Totally.

Someone needs to tell DisneyWorld to build a gymnastics gym. Seriously. Eat your heart out Woodward.

Go with Disney. You will see by Christmas they might not even remember when camp is if at all once they open that present. Life has to be more than gymnastics.

We had a similar issue this week on a much smaller scale. Wednesday's are DD's day off from practice so being out of school already, I planned to take the kids to Six Flags. On Tuesday, coach decides to call an optional practice. Well, you would've thought I kicked her puppy when I told her we were not changing our plans! She's still annoyed about it 3 days later, even though she clearly had a blast at the park!

I vote for the cruise! All gymmies need a break from gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back