underwear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You can get skinny little adhesive pantyliners - would they work for unlined leos? It would be like adding a lining. I am honestly not sure if DD's competition leo is lined or not (I'm at work and can't check right now), but at age 8 it doesn't really matter all that much. It's a dark colour and doesn't show a thing.

You can get skinny little adhesive pantyliners - would they work for unlined leos? It would be like adding a lining. I am honestly not sure if DD's competition leo is lined or not (I'm at work and can't check right now), but at age 8 it doesn't really matter all that much. It's a dark colour and doesn't show a thing.

I've tried that, but if you can believe it, it was actually much more noticeable than the underwear made for leos.
The only lined leo I've ever had was one from the Chicago style meet, 2(I think) years ago. I LOVE that leo. (Esp. good to have a lining in it because it has a huge hole in the back, and the top of the underwear would stick out a lot)

For practice I don't usually wear underwear, I wear gymnastics shorts over my leotard so there is no need. At meets I do most of the time because I almost always have that "tumble pee" feeling.

As for bras I cannot stand ones with underwire for gymnastics or just normal everyday activities they are sooo uncomfortable (plus I'm pretty flat chested anyway). For practice I wear sports bras under my leotards and for meets I wear everyday (not sport) bras without underwire.

A million years ago during my first season of competition, we had an Alpha Factor leo with full, nude colored briefs stitched right into the leo. It was a little weird at first but you never had to worry about the whole underwear issue.

sylvia p are the ones I buy they are little dear but they last a life time, my dd stills fit into her leo's from when she first started lol. Mind u she doesn't grow

I have to jump into this thread because I actually hate the fact that DD is required to wear briefs with her leotard at meets. It looks bad! It bunches up underneath the leo. When I explained that and asked if it was okay if we just skipped the briefs they acted like I was weird or gross for not having her wear briefs and told me it was required. I think briefs are great for older girls who have briefs that actually fit snug, but there is nothing worse than seeing briefs that are too big bunching up under the leo. DD is 6 and the comp. leos are black. Please tell me why she needs briefs? No store on this planet makes briefs that fit her snug. When I buy her normal underwear she gets a 2T. She is little and has no butt. Her briefs are loose and too high waisted. If you pull them up they go way past her bellybutton and she's very weird about having things on her stomach so she rolls them down. They also bunch up in the back. What I don't understand is why GK doesn't make smaller briefs. They sell really tiny leos, so why not briefs? We were told to order briefs one size smaller than the competition leo, but it's a cxs. Her leo fits very snug so you think they'd make some super tiny briefs to go under it.

I think when meet season starts next year I'm going to just "forget" to put her briefs on her and see if they notice. If they do notice we will just be out of luck because the leotard booths at meets never have CXS briefs. At the past 2 meets I saw the coach fixing her leo and briefs several times because they were bunched up and hanging out. I was hoping she'd tell me to take them off of her.

sylvia p are the ones I buy they are little dear but they last a life time, my dd stills fit into her leo's from when she first started lol. Mind u she doesn't grow

All our leotards come from there, almost all the gyms in the state use SilviaP for the leotards. They fit perfectly well, never seen a kid with a wedgie at any competition or training, and all the kids from all the gyms are wearing her leo's and all are of course lined.

NGL: just buy underwear from WalMart or Target that is high cut, if she has to have them. Why do they have to wear briefs? Briefs are so big, I wouldn't even wear them. They make little girl underwear in the package for all sizes. Try the brand called OP. They have a bikini cut for little girls, and my dd wears those under her leo. They are even in bold colors, so we have red ones to match her comp leo. Anyway, sorry about the bunching. :)

I have to jump into this thread because I actually hate the fact that DD is required to wear briefs with her leotard at meets. It looks bad! It bunches up underneath the leo. When I explained that and asked if it was okay if we just skipped the briefs they acted like I was weird or gross for not having her wear briefs and told me it was required. I think briefs are great for older girls who have briefs that actually fit snug, but there is nothing worse than seeing briefs that are too big bunching up under the leo. DD is 6 and the comp. leos are black. Please tell me why she needs briefs? No store on this planet makes briefs that fit her snug. When I buy her normal underwear she gets a 2T. She is little and has no butt. Her briefs are loose and too high waisted. If you pull them up they go way past her bellybutton and she's very weird about having things on her stomach so she rolls them down. They also bunch up in the back. What I don't understand is why GK doesn't make smaller briefs. They sell really tiny leos, so why not briefs? We were told to order briefs one size smaller than the competition leo, but it's a cxs. Her leo fits very snug so you think they'd make some super tiny briefs to go under it.

I think when meet season starts next year I'm going to just "forget" to put her briefs on her and see if they notice. If they do notice we will just be out of luck because the leotard booths at meets never have CXS briefs. At the past 2 meets I saw the coach fixing her leo and briefs several times because they were bunched up and hanging out. I was hoping she'd tell me to take them off of her.

I sort of see why some gyms require it, just to standardize it and not have the issue where some girl needs it, but her parent doesn't realize it. But in your case,yeah, I'd just skip it. I doubt they can tell.

I don't even like the fit of the GK briefs on me. I've had good luck buying swimsuit bottoms in a compatible color (in an adult size that's easy in plain black, but in a children's size might be tough) that are tight fitting. I prefer that to the nude briefs which aren't much near my skin color and too...long?, so I preferred something the color of the leo. But it can be hard to get a match with some of more unusual colors.

And the great underware debate continues LOL

Who know a simple question about underware would cause such a tremendous feed back.

well, when you think about it a swim suit is mainly used when your under water, not like gymnastics when your out dancing around on a floor in front of sometimes thousands. You can get underwear made especially for gymnastics at GK Elite, www.gkelite.com. I always and i mean always wear underwear under my leo's, it does help keep my leo in place, and it makes me feel more comfortable in public.

At one of the meet sessions today, I was watching a younger girl on FX, and we were sitting pretty close. Her leo was royal blue, and made of the not-shiney material and not velvet. It wasn't quite the "bathing suit" material, it seemed even thinner than that. From where I was sitting, I could see everything---and I mean everything---through her leo. It outlined her...eh...shapes, and all I could think was "put on some underwear, PLEASE!!" To me, that is immodest, even though she was "covered," she wasn't covered, kwim?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back