Off Topic Universal Studios

• Thread starter Thread starter lilgymnast7
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
L

lilgymnast7

Has anyone ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida?
What rides were your favorite?
What would you recommend?
How long does it take to see the whole park?
What hotels are close by that you liked?

I believe I am going next week, so all advice, comments, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

I haven't been in a few years, but I love Universal! It has several parks like Disney (though not nearly as many).

First: Go through the line of each ride at least once for the atmosphere, especially for the Marvel rides, then get the "Fast Pass" that allows you to bypass the lines. Seriously, you will save so much time.

Islands of Adventure. It has Seuss Landing (stuff based on Dr. Seuss; it's extremely colorful and utterly delightful), a section based on newspaper comics (most before your time), and my favorite, Marvel Island. This has the Hulk roller coaster (awesome) and a 3D Spiderman ride.

I don't remember if it's in Islands or the main park, but there is also a huge Jurassic Park area, with a giant climbing area (for kids, but who cares? It's a huge series of nets) and a water ride (I don't do water rides in normal clothing) and movie props. Also in the main section is a Terminator "show" that is cool. There's also a double roller coaster that weaves the two tracks (used to be called Dueling Dragons, but they changed the name or something) - it's awesome. Go on both of them.

I don't know if Jaws is still open, but it's corny as all hell. So was King Kong, which has since been torn down. They also tore down the iconic Nickelodeon Studios building. Fellow nineties kids, join me in my :bawling:.

Islands of Adventure.

I think it's not opening until October, but they're building The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So if you get to go to that, I will totally hate you (<3). Unless you share lots of pictures. :D

I'll try and think of more, but did I mention Islands of Adventure?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thank you sooo much for your advice, I wrote some of the things down so I will def check them out!
The Harry Potter attraction actually just opened on Friday I believe, meaning when I go it is sure to be packed! I will try my best to share some pics! Thanks again your advice is very much appreciated! :)

SeaWorld is pretty cool, too. They have an awesome coaster, plus all the animals.

There's also City Walk, which I think leads to the park. There's a Margaritaville, Emeril, Wolfgang Puck, and a number of shops and cinemas.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida?
What rides were your favorite?
What would you recommend?
How long does it take to see the whole park?
What hotels are close by that you liked?

I believe I am going next week, so all advice, comments, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

I live in Orlando.. So I've been plenty of times, I think the coolest thing to check out is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but go in the afternoon cause the lines will die down DRASTICALLY in the later hours. Also, any of the thrill rides at IOA are fun. I love the spiderman ride, and The Hulk Coaster. If you get a chance, check out the Blue Man Group performance, it's kinda pricey, but it's sooooo worth it! Hopefully you'll get this in time, if I'm too late, then I hope you had fun!

Thanks, I recently got back. I absoultely LOVED the wizarding world of harry potter. Originally we went in the morning and the line was basically at the entrance of the park, at an expected 4 hour wait!! We came back in the afternoon and only had to do a 2 hour wait. It was amazing though!! Honestly it beat out every ride in Disney, Sixflags, and Dorney Park. I did check out some of the things you had said, and I loved them! It was a fantastic trip, but I have no idea how you can survive that weather!!!!

I loved spider man! My favorite would be either the Mummy or the Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. I went on the Mummy like ten times lol I even got stuck on it once, luckily our cart got stuck at the end instead of during the ride! The Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket was intense but awesome!! I only got to go on it once though because the ride was having a lot of problems, so the other times I came it wasn't opened. Aside from the Harry Potter ride, those are my favs!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back