Parents Update to my "frustrated" post

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmommy123

Proud Parent
Again, I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and suggestions on my last post about my frustration with dd's gym wanting to keep her back at L2 for another full year. We did take the plunge and move to an entirely new gym, even though it is a bit of a drive for us now. Well, so far, we're very happy about the choice. It took only 1 practice for the owner and coaches to say she was definitely a good fit with their L3 team. They will start working on routines for her first L3 meet in March, the only spring meet she'll compete in, and then she'll have the rest of the spring and summer to perfect her routines for the Fall. She has really taken off skill-wise... she has her ROBHS on the floor with straight arms, almost has her FHS, started practicing her ROBHSBHS on the tumble trak, has a pretty consistent cartwheel on the high beam, and started working her kip and squat-on, jump to high bar. She has such a renewed sense of excitement about gym again. Her hours increased and even with the increase she just begs to go more. She seems to be learning a new skill every practice and it's been great motivation for her. I know no gym is perfect, and we really did NOT want to leave her old gym, but at this point, I think it's been a positive change for her and given her back her old sense of excitement about gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back