WAG USAIGC Bronze Requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering what the requirements are because the other day I was asked to try out for team and I want to know what skills I should work on. Thanks!

I hope this helps.
USAIGC Bronze Information (This is the second level of USAIGC competition.

Age Divisions 6-7, 8-9, 10,-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18+ up to State Championships

Bronze Vault Start Value 10.0
Handspring OR ½ On Repulsion Off
Optional vault deductions are used.
Bronze gymnasts have the option of taking one or two vaults with the highest score counting. If a void vault situation should occur the score will be entered as a 5.0 since the USAIGC has adopted a 5.0 minimum score for the record.

Bronze Uneven Bars Start Value 10.0
Special Event Requirements @ .40 each
1. Minimum One Bar Change
2. A minimum Horizontal Cast
3. A Circling Element (minimum A value)
4. Dismount: Under swing, Sole Circle OR Tuck, Pike or Layout Flyaway
Restriction:(.4 content deduction )
Circling skills in the Bronze Level must not arrive in handstand nor pass through vertical (no giant, free hip nor stalder circles to handstand) and if performed will not receive credit for value part nor special requirement and all amplitude and execution errors will be deducted.

Bronze Balance Beam Start Value 10.0
1. One (1) Acro non-‐flight element that passes through vertical (front, back, or side), not in the mount or dismount
2. An Isolated Leap, minimum 90 degrees
3. A Dance Series of two (2) elements with one being a leap, hop or jump, minimum 90 degrees
4. Any “A” Dismount

Restrictions (.4 content deduction)
No Flight Elements such as: dives, handsprings, aerials, or saltos are permitted on beam (dismounts excluded) and CANNOT fulfill ANY special requirement AND SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED.

Bronze Floor Exercise Start Value 10.0
1. An Acro Series with a minimum of 2 fast flight elements (no saltos)
2. A Dance Series with a minimum of 2 elements including a leap with minimum 120 degree split
3. A Dance/Acro or Acro/Dance series (mixed series)
4. A Full turn 360 degrees on one foot

Restrictions: (.4 content deduction.)
No Saltos are permitted on floor and CANNOT fulfill ANY requirement AND SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED. They are inappropriate for this level and if performed all amplitude and execution errors will be deducted.
Time: Minimum 50 seconds,

Maximum 1:30, A 3 second margin of error for a .1 deduction for undertime. Any undertime greater than 3 seconds will receive the .5 undertime deduction.
Overtime: .1
Out of Bounds: .1 deduction each time (all elements must be “initiated” inside boundaries in order to receive VP credit)
.5 spotting and no value part credit. Coach may be present on the floor exercise without a deduction.

You can find more info at http://www.usaigc.com/SitePDFs/USAIGC 2013-15 RULES & POLICIES.pdf

Thanks for replying! What is an A skill though?
A skills are some of the more basic skills... Here is a list of SOME A skills:
Bars: kip, front hip circle, back hip circle, sole circle, from high bar, underswing dismount with 1/2 or full turn, flyaway.
Beam: Mounts: Leap onto beam (must show arabesque on landing), from a side stand - squat thru to rear support, jump to handstand with bent or straight legs (lower to your choice of end position)...
Leaps, jumps, and hops: split leap, split jump, straddle pike jump, pike jump, sissone, cat leap with 1/2 turn, tuck hop or jump with 1/2 turn, wolf hop or jump, full turn
Holds and acro: standing split, needle scale, kick to handstand (lower to position touching beam), cartwheel, front walkover, Tinsica, tic-toc, back walkover
Dismounts: Front Tuck, back tuck, gainer off the side, roundoff
Floor: split leap, split jump, stag jump, pike jump, hop with full turn to straddle and land in front support, sissone, ring jump, jump full turn, Cat leap, tuck jump full turn, wolf jump, full turn, jump or press to handstand, dive roll, back roll to handstand with 1/2 turn, back walkover, front handspring, roundoff, back handspring, arabian, front tuck, front aerial, side aerial, back tuck, back layout

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the list! I have some of this skills but not all of them. Hopefully I make the team :)
You don't need all of them :) And some of them are ILLEGAL at your level anyways... like you can't do a salto on floor... so front tucks and back tucks are out.
Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back