WAG Usaigc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinkos98

Gymnast
Just curious, is anyone a USAIGC gymnast, I've seen many xcel posters, but no USAIGC. Is that more of a regional league? Also, has anyone heard about USAIGC adding a new level between silver and gold called steel?

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

My dd's gym has the USAIGC program, they have had it for a few years now, but I do lack information about it because my dd is in the USAG program.

My girls both competed USAIGC at our old gym. Have not done it in past 3 years so I'm not in the loop anymore. Did you try their website?

My daughter's gym switched from USAG to USAIGC this past season. Overall, it was a great move for most of the girls.

There seem to be a good number of USAIGC gyms in NY and NJ..., but you can check out the member gyms on the USAIGC web site.

I haven't heard anything about a new level yet. Did you get any reasoning why they might do that?

Our gym does both and uses usaigc as an inbetween year for level advancement. My DD did one year at USAG 6, one at USAIGC silver....it was nice because at the beginning of comp season she didn't have her giant yet still had some good scores at usaigc events. At a l7 meet her bar scores were so low it was a real confidence killer.
pi liked the program but there are not that many gyms who participate. We are in the NY-NJ-PA area.

I have a friend whose daughter is in USAIGC. This is her 3rd year in Silver. I was shocked to hear that it was only in her last two meets in her 3rd year in silver did she compete her giants. She won all if not most of her meets. However, my friend did indicate there seems to have been a significant drop in competitors. I believe there have been some changes in the program as well. Our state website has a link to those changes, but I've not read them since my daughter is in USAG.

Thanks everyone, I'm also in the NY-NJ-PA area, so I guess it could be more of a regional thing. I'll definitely check the website for info on the new level. Thanks so much for all of your replies! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back