vault mental block type thing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

toriluvsgym0618

ok so i'v been having this mental block type thing on vault. its with my steps. they were fine before i left for thanksgiving break. but now my steps are all messed up. its so bad that by the time i get to the vault table im pretty much walking. its really annoying becuase im trying to perfect my tsukes for level 8. i was working a little bit today on my steps with the compulsory coach becuase my regular coach on vault had to work with the level 9s and 10s on bars. i just really hope i can get my steps soon. any advice?

this is what my coach makes us do. she makes us jump off the spring board and run down the runway until she tells us to stop. then, wherever your foot is when she said stop is where you need to start your vault.

also, try running a little slower at the beginning and accelerate slowly. then, if your steps are off, back up about a foot.

immmm so soooooorrrryyyy!!!!!!!!!!! i know you can get it!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kylie you are so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i hope you can get your steps right!!!!!! :) :) :) :heartbeat:

Maybe also try starting with the other foot. I know that helps me sometimes :) but i do agree with tumblebug921 with jumping off the spring board and running about 13 steps and seeing where you are. Thats what my coach makes us do.
Good Luck!

What we do at my gym is we start on the springboard, do a powerhurdle off the board, and then run 12 steps exactly like you would for a vault (starting out slower, and accelerate). Have someone count your steps to see when you get to 12 (or whatever number you choose) so that you don't slow down towards the end to stop. Good luck! I have issues with my steps all the time! You can do it!

I have problems with this too, so what I do is, like said before, I run slowly, then get faster and faster. Also, I look at the board all the way until I hurdle, that way my steps work out.

what i do is also jump off the spring board and when i get to t welve steps then that is where i start. I also have to always start with the same foot or i wil totally get messed up. hope this helps.

If you feel like you need to take more steps before you hurdle,like your studer stepping start 1 ft back from where you normally start.

if you feel too far away, like you have to make your steps super long just to make it to the board, start 1 ft closer then you normally do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back