WAG WAG: Uptraining and New Skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lots of routines since Provincials are this weekend. However we are sneaking a little uptraining in :)

Floor: mostly routines, RO BHS BLO, FHS FLO, twisting.

Bars: giants, handstands & flyaway layout, hopefully will begin to twist it soon!

Beam: mostly routines other than the odd cartwheel back lay & BHS stepout (somewhat of my nemesis skill!)

Vault: same same old, just twisting. Will be starting Yurchenkos and tsuks after Provs

Dd has states this weekend, but has been working on some new skills. Has been making BHS on beam and giants for a couple of weeks, but neither are totally there yet.

Our Provincials are this weekend, so just a little bit of uptraining lately.

She is working double backs off the bar into the pit, and she does a release move drill that I want to say is a Yagger?(sp?), but that she lands on the mat in the pit but she says she is supposed to, and free hip handstands on the strap bar that she hates.

She is working on her back tuck and areial on beam and hopefully will compete the round off back tuck dismount this weekend (instead of a cartwheel back tuck).

They work on twisting on the tumbling track and she is doing full twists, and double back tucks off a big box, to a mini tramp, then landing on a big mat.

On vault yurchenkos timers.

Aw, you all are lucky! We're still smack in the middle of competition season staring at two huge meets coming up soon. A tiny bit of uptraining is stuck in. Drills for tsuks, connections on beam, a bit of twisting and that's about it. Looking forward to the summer for uptraining! :)

My daughter had a catastrophic bars at state and I didn't think she'd qualify for Regionals but she pulled it off anyway. Now she's kind of wishing she hadn't as she's ready to be done with routines but they're doing some up training... She landed her double (on a resi in the pit) today and I guess she's doing some kind of a drill for full-twisting Yurchenkos and 1 1/2s off the bars. She's a good twister so yeah! for finally being able to put that to good use.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back