WAG Watching college meet on-line & clueless commentators

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
Dear college meet commentator,
I know at the beginning of the broadcast I was tough on you for calling every move a flip (including every vault and every release and dismount on bars.) But, after listening to you describe beam and floor I think I prefer you just calling it all flips. At one point I started to doze off watching floor and I heard you comment on the triple layout. I thought that was impressive for a college meet, until I watched it and realized it was a FHS-LO-LO. And by the way, no one does double flips and triple flips on the beam. They were actually BHS-BLO and one BHS-BLO-BHS. Also, the foot going out of bounds is not a "Huge" deduction. And yes, the various "flips" on beam are hard to stick, but thanks for reminding us of that every time someone fell doing her "flip."

I usually have to turn the volume off...it's mind-boggling how they keep their "jobs". If I did my job like that, I would be out. Fast.

I'm thinking you are talking about the UNC vs. Maryland meet? It stinks that they can't find at least one person (a former gymnast is what most schools seem to do) to provide commentary, but hey, at least we are getting to watch meets broadcast live!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back