We got our tix today!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LOL! last trials I mailed my used tickets to some young gymmies I knew would appreciate them. Plus the hotel I stayed at had USAG room keys, sent those and hand fulls of the red white and blue confetti that rained down on us all.

I am not terribly sentimental. I will go see Canada's olympic trails next week. $25 and only 200 seats in the gym. This team I really care about.
I enjoy my collection of ticket stubs, most of which I had the privilege of attending like World Series games. They are fond reminders. The recent passing of Mohammed Ali reminded me I had ticket stubs from Ali-Frazier I in Madison Square Garden as my parents had gone to the fight. The stubs are literally stubs as the tickets were small to begin with and the ticket takers ripped at least half the ticket in order to gain entrance. That's kinda why I like the newer bigger tickets that are typically scanned at the gate.

I enjoy my collection of ticket stubs, most of which I had the privilege of attending like World Series games. They are fond reminders. The recent passing of Mohammed Ali reminded me I had ticket stubs from Ali-Frazier I in Madison Square Garden as my parents had gone to the fight. The stubs are literally stubs as the tickets were small to begin with and the ticket takers ripped at least half the ticket in order to gain entrance. That's kinda why I like the newer bigger tickets that are typically scanned at the gate.

I have moved countries a few times and I guess that has made me pare down life to the basics often enough that I rarely keep sentimental things. I moved to Canada 25 years ago with one suitcase of stuff, was not much room for anything but the essentials. I guess that mindset has stuck with me.

Ooooh
No, I'm not sure why we got them- we have the cheap seats for the trials. I'm just excited. We bought tix to the Kellogg's tour of champions today too!
...oooooh...maybe that means we will get some too...what day and time is the parade?

I found this Q and A about the Parade if anyone wanted to see it.
d2a5d986d785fde5ebe5826f16fc1238.jpg
6e8bbdb81934dcccc0604d3dc9c3a210.jpg

Sorry- I posted this question in another thread before I saw this one...

Anyone on here go to the trials in 2012? We have gym friends going and they are going to do some shopping for little bit. I would imagine there are a ton of vendors but do they sell things programs, tshirts (specific to "olympic Trials"), and maybe even a pin to add to her collection? Just trying to get an idea of how much to send lol

Sorry- I posted this question in another thread before I saw this one...

Anyone on here go to the trials in 2012? We have gym friends going and they are going to do some shopping for little bit. I would imagine there are a ton of vendors but do they sell things programs, tshirts (specific to "olympic Trials"), and maybe even a pin to add to her collection? Just trying to get an idea of how much to send lol
They sold lots of stuff in 2012. Don't remember pins, but t-shirts sweatshirts, programs, leotards etc. Things sold out, so betst to buy stuff at the beginning of day 1.

Yep I agree buy the first day! They were so picked over on sizes by the last day. I remember getting a lot of free stuff from the vendors at the fan fest event. I want to say the jacket I bought was like 60$. The shirts were like about 30$ if I remember correctly.

Reactions: sce
Yep I agree buy the first day! They were so picked over on sizes by the last day. I remember getting a lot of free stuff from the vendors at the fan fest event. I want to say the jacket I bought was like 60$. The shirts were like about 30$ if I remember correctly.
Those prices sound about right to me. You probably ought the jacket I wanted, but made the mistake of waiting. Waaa!!!!

Also get there early on Day 1, as soon as doors open! The merchandise stands get chaotic very quickly at Olympic Trials!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back