We Survived!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Danica76

Proud Parent
Well, we are home from the first meet and DD had the best time. I mean she just beamed all day with her teammates. They were so supportive of each other and positive - lots of smiles and laughs :)

I was of course a nervous wreck. DD's team started on beam first and that is definitely her nemesis event. I could see her poor little legs shaking! She fell once and bobbled, but stuck her handstand and dismount. And I cried like the day she was born. :D

Vault was her best event and she did a fist pump and a "yes!" when she saw her score (8.65). Was just so thrilled for her :)

Floor was pretty good, but she ended up needing a spot on her ROBHS (she was so nervous). But she looked really great otherwise and got a 6.8.

Bars was a hot mess. I won't terrify you with her score - lol. 2 falls and the coach had to help her back up from her mill circle.

I couldn't be more proud of her! She got four 4th place ribbons and a medal for 5th AA (this meet was 100% awards). Her confidence is soaring and she had an absolute blast. We have a meet next Saturday and we are both so excited to do it again.

We went for dinner with some of the other girls and moms and the girls had so much fun. The best part of the day was watching her have a great experience with the other girls and coaches. To me, that was the absolute best part of the day - watching them all cheer each other on and give high 5's for doing their best. I was proud of every single one of them for their awesome attitiudes and amazing support for one another.

And I couldn't be more proud of my baby girl :)

always good to get the first one over & done !! Glad you both not only survived but had fun and make a great day of it. Sounds like a perfect day. congrat's to your DD for getting out there & doing her thing & having a good time. everything else will fall in to place. Good luck @ the next one. look forward to hearing all about it.

Love it! Sounds like a great day even with the hot mess on bars. :) I know all about the hot mess thing, trust me! ;) Glad you survived, and wow you get to do it all again next week huh!!

WTG to your DD. So glad she had such a good time. Truely..thats all that matters. And Im glad Momma survived too..lol

Lol glad you survived :) Having fun is what it should be all about and the rest is icing on the cake for all the hard work the gymmies put into their routines.

Only one hot mess event at the first meet is a pretty big accomplishment in itself! Those first meet jitters can wreak havoc on seasoned competitors let only little ones going through it all for the first time. So glad that despite the nerves it was a great first meet experience for both of you. And that floor score should go WAY up when she gets the confidence to go for the RO-BHS on her own. Sounds like she's at a great gym with lots of awesome teammates and great attitudes.

Congrats on what sounds like a good solid first meet and happy that it was a fantastics experience. It's always a good thing when they leave one competition saying they can't wait to do it again!

Thanks everyone :) She is still so happy and has been talking about it all day. She told me she is going to practice every time like she is at a meet! (I think is finally getting why she has been doing all this practice! LOL, but I just let her revel in her "a-ha!" moment and smiled). She struggles with tightness and form, but she really stepped it up a lot yesterday. I got this photo of her about to dismount the beam from her coach today and thought I would share it with you guys Don't you love the look on the one judge's face! :)

Attachments

• Maryn Beam.jpg
    Maryn Beam.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back