Weird skill habbits/tricks?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
Hi Guys.I was just wondering if you or your kids have any tricks or habbit's they do/use when they do a skill?

I count in spanish when I do leaps:rolleyes:Haha,My coach tells me I tend to look like a robot when I do leaps so I devoloped this habbit to help me be more "gracefull".So how about you?Any weird habbits?

i do different things for different skills, haha like in my floor routine before i did from front pass i HAD to do this one thing where i would like pretty much slide my hands down my thighs... idk haha so my coach out it in my routine :p hahaha i was watching a video of my routine once and it looks hilarious! i think everyone at my gym has bad habbits on atleast 3 different things in the gym.

Ohh and I always stutter step before I run for vault or tumbling my first pass. I also always feel the need to stick my leg out and flex my foot to stretch my calf. It's a really really weird thing but all of a sudden I'm like "Ok time to stretch it out..."

dito

Ohh and I always stutter step before I run for vault or tumbling my first pass. I also always feel the need to stick my leg out and flex my foot to stretch my calf. It's a really really weird thing but all of a sudden I'm like "Ok time to stretch it out..."

I do that too! The stretch thing..

Can't remember who it is now, I think it was one of the British gymnasts - before a big skill on beam would 'scratch' their legs with their finger tips, I think it was almost like she was trying to get the sweat off!

One of my gymnasts used to have to do a little spin before doing a chasse split leap!

another used to have to do her dance from her routine before tumbling but this was a mental block issue, so not too weird really!

A lot of gymnasts stand on their toes or roll their toes over whilst waiting to compete

A lot of 'weird' habits are formed out of nerves I think!

Hmmm, the kids I coach don't really have any weird ones, just the plain old regular habits like counting, rolling ankles and wrists... Definately a nervous thing!

A few things nothing to major and some of them unrelated to gym.

1) before backwalkover on beam i have to readjust my feet at least twice and wipe my hands on my thighs

2) I will never front sault of beam with out doing punch jump first

3) before bars i always have to wipe my hands together right on top always first

4) Vault, i have to adjust my feet at least twice and get eye contact with coach before going regardless on whether i need a spot or not

5) Floor nothing really

6) school - ALWAYS black pen NEVER blue
- Always pens neatly at top of desk

* I clench my fists before vault everytime before i go!
*I stand on my toes when I'm just waiting around..alot of other girls at my gym do this too!
*I move my feet at least once before I do a backwalkover on beam

.... Probably some other things that i just can't think of!:D

Can't remember who it is now, I think it was one of the British gymnasts - before a big skill on beam would 'scratch' their legs with their finger tips, I think it was almost like she was trying to get the sweat off!

One of my gymnasts used to have to do a little spin before doing a chasse split leap!

another used to have to do her dance from her routine before tumbling but this was a mental block issue, so not too weird really!

A lot of gymnasts stand on their toes or roll their toes over whilst waiting to compete

A lot of 'weird' habits are formed out of nerves I think!

LOL I do that before almost everything!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back