Parents What are your yearly gymnastics fees?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monthly Training(x12) + 5 Meet Fees + New Leo & Warmups = $2910/year

(Adding another day next week, but it will only go up ~$30 month for that.)

No overnights required for meets this year so the only additional cost is gas to meets within an hour or two of home.

*This is for Xcel Silver @ 7.5 hours per week, by the way.

I ballpark it at 10 grand a year :

4800/yr= 400 X 12 monthly tuition
2000 /yr : all meet fees (including states, regionals and nationals, if qualified)
500 = misc including leo; USAG fee, party fees, clinic fees etc
3000/yr= travel to/from flying meets (there are 2 ...includes flights for DD and myself , hotel , car)
3000/yr= travel if she makes JOs

Ours is $200 per month for L4 at 12 hours per week. It is another $180 a month for 9 months for the boosters. This covers all coaches fees and meet fees.

We only have a couple meets that require over night stays. The team leo, warm-ups, etc is around $600 new. We bought ours used from an older girl.

Ours are $375/month for 20 hours/week. This year our PA is covering all required meets, but last year meet fees were around $1500 for 10 meets (including coaches fees), comp Leo, training tank and warm ups run around $400 or just over. We have one "extra" meet that we are paying for...but it's a fun one so we're happy to have an excuse to go to Disney again this year!

Ours is about the same as Bookworm (our monthly tuition is a bit lower) except that we have 6 travel meets in the regular season and at least 1 (2 if she makes JO's) in the post season.

So my guess would be in the neighborhood of $15K for the year.

High-level optionals is not for the weak of wallet.

$4,300 per year for 1 child- 12 hours per week and 4 meets, $100 leotard and $100 WU
$5,600 per year 2nd child at other gym.....up to 24 hrs of training per week, meets and apparel.

Both are fair I feel...that's a lot of time for the coaching staff.

Around $270/mo for 14 hrs/wk=3240
Meet fees etc=1400
Leo + warmups (usually every 2yrs)= 275
Mandatory training Leo =45
Almost all our meets are 3-4hrs driving, one night stay so appr. $250 for each meet x 7...=1750
Misc entry fees, programs, food etc another 250 or so
If she makes States add another $400 for meet fees, hotel and travel
Total per normal year $7360
Second year in compulsory (last year L4, this year L5)
If she gets to L7 next year that will add another couple of meets, at least one flyaway meet... And higher monthly tuition.

Now, we can offset some costs by doing fundraisers, I think this year so far we have been able to put almost $500 in her gym account that way which helps a lot. Can't be used for travel etc, but it CAN be used for meet fees, leotards etc.

Ours is $200 per month for L4 at 12 hours per week. It is another $180 a month for 9 months for the boosters. This covers all coaches fees and meet fees.

We only have a couple meets that require over night stays. The team leo, warm-ups, etc is around $600 new. We bought ours used from an older girl.
This is about ours too. Except 10 months for booster. L4 -12 hours per week

hmmm. this is scary a bit :)

$310/mo for 15 hr a week=$3720
Yearly team fee = $100
USAG $54
Uniform: $322
Routine construction: $240
Meets travel coach fees: 7500 Not state regionls nationals
So: around $12000/ yr,

This does not include a parent traveling, gas money, etc. BUt, I will say that we only pay the tuition! Our booster club pays the rest :) (And we don't have to pay into the bc)

Here goes... :-(

Coaching fees: $335/month for 14 hours week ($4020)
Meet fees: $975
UGAG: $54
Leo: $250 ish every two years. THIS YEAR P.A. IS PAYING UP TO 375 FOR NEW LEO AND WARMUPS, YIPPEE!!
Routine: $150
Travel varies, but at least $200 for 4 meets for hotel/food. ($800)
Gas: can't even begin to guess...$500 or more
Big travel meet: not sure yet if flying or driving, figure anywhere from $500-$1000
TOTAL: $6800-7500

Let me explain our Parents Association. We host a BIG meet every year and each family is required to volunteer 16 hours to run the meet, and donate drinks for the hospitality suite (pretty low cost). The PA keeps the money that we make running the meet. Every year that money goes towards things that benefit the gymmies and parents (and the gym t00), such as new spring floor, new air conditioning, the leos and warmups (this year), and the coaches' travel expenses for meets (every year).

Let me explain our Parents Association. We host a BIG meet every year and each family is required to volunteer 16 hours to run the meet, and donate drinks for the hospitality suite (pretty low cost). The PA keeps the money that we make running the meet. Every year that money goes towards things that benefit the gymmies and parents (and the gym t00), such as new spring floor, new air conditioning, the leos and warmups (this year), and the coaches' travel expenses for meets (every year).

Is your PA a 501c3?

16 hours/week $225 X12= $2700/ year
Assessment fee = $300/ year
Meet fees (roughly between $80-$100 per meet, 7 meets)= $630
USAG= $54/year
Leos/Equipment= $200/year
Team Leo= $160
Warmup= $130
Travel/Gas/Spectator Fees= $500
Summer Camp (Local) = $200

Yearly total $4874 or about $406/month

Yikes! Note to self, don't show husband this! And this is even cheap compared to other gyms!

Is your PA a 501c3?
yes it is. I should also add that a family can "opt out" of the volunteer requirement, but then they have to pay extra for coach travel and will not get the leo/warm-up credit, for example. Obviously, they still get to enjoy the air conditioning. :)

Well, most of you are doing pretty good on monthly fees compared to us, so know it could be far worse (location, location, location).

This thread has been an interesting reminder of all the little things that really add up. A week of summer camp, grips, non-competition leotards, secret pals, choreography, regional camps, etc. As long as it equals a happy, healthy child, I will stay in blissful igorance of the total price tag.

One optional daughter and one compulsory

Tuition $750 x 12 = $9000
Meet Fees and coaches fees = $4000
Optional daughter competition gear = $700
Compulsory daughter gear = $300
Gas to gym (I'm including this because I pay this much in gas to have someone take her. This does not include my own gas to pick her up. That is SCARY!) $500 x 12 = $6000

She has 2 out of state meets which I will estimate will cost me $3000 with airfare and hotel
3 instate meets that will require hotel = $1500 (estimating 2 nights in hotel for each meet plus gas of 4+ hours away)

I am not going to include state, regionals or nationals at this moment because I'm crying now or younger DD's meets because they are all local.

So grand total = $24,500 before state, regionals and nationals which will all require travel (including 2 plane trips) YIKES!!!

Wow, I only hope that the salarys in the US are higher than those in the UK, I don't earn the amount some of you spend on gymnastics! I have to say that if we had the same costs over here I couldn't afford to take DD to gym let alone pay for another sport and an instrument. I have read the "how much per month" threads before but this one really puts everything into perspective. I hope the OP hasn't gone running for the hills!

I ballpark it at 10 grand a year :

4800/yr= 400 X 12 monthly tuition
2000 /yr : all meet fees (including states, regionals and nationals, if qualified)
500 = misc including leo; USAG fee, party fees, clinic fees etc
3000/yr= travel to/from flying meets (there are 2 ...includes flights for DD and myself , hotel , car)
3000/yr= travel if she makes JOs

And I forgot, this is "cheap" for me because I now only have one in the sport...it was doubled before my oldest left for college...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back