Parents What are your yearly gymnastics fees?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, I only hope that the salarys in the US are higher than those in the UK, I don't earn the amount some of you spend on gymnastics! I have to say that if we had the same costs over here I couldn't afford to take DD to gym let alone pay for another sport and an instrument. I have read the "how much per month" threads before but this one really puts everything into perspective. I hope the OP hasn't gone running for the hills!

We don't make very much money at all. My girls give up birthday parties and gifts, Christmas, vacations, etc to participate in this sport. No cable, no going to movies, no eating out. As long as they are willing to sacrifice for their sport I will make it work the best I can. They will be grown and own their own before I know it, and I will hopefully have many years after that to play catch up.

Ours are $375/month for 20 hours/week. This year our PA is covering all required meets, but last year meet fees were around $1500 for 10 meets (including coaches fees), comp Leo, training tank and warm ups run around $400 or just over. We have one "extra" meet that we are paying for...but it's a fun one so we're happy to have an excuse to go to Disney again this year!
Presidental Classic? If so good luck to you. We are going to that meet

Yearly training fee: 320 euros for 15 hours. Plus 200 for dd in rec.
Leos: nothing this year, using last years.
Meets: nothing apart from petrol for meet 1.5 hours from here.
So that would be....
520 euros for the year (200 of which is deducted from school fees) = 650 dollars. Plus I have to feed them- Cadbury's chocolate is very expensive over here...

We don't make very much money at all. My girls give up birthday parties and gifts, Christmas, vacations, etc to participate in this sport. No cable, no going to movies, no eating out. As long as they are willing to sacrifice for their sport I will make it work the best I can. They will be grown and own their own before I know it, and I will hopefully have many years after that to play catch up.

I have a lot of respect for these decisions you have very mature children from what you write. We don't have excess funds, eating out happens once or twice a year, we don't have paid for tv, the only cinema my kids have been to is the £1 showing, I save all year round for Christmas and buy most presents in the sales, however, I think my kids know the value of money better than the majority of their peers. It isn't all woe is me, I love the enjoyment my kids get out of their activities and so do they.
Sorry I didn't aim to go off track!
Just seen gym mum in France's post and I now want to emigrate!

Ok here a rough estimate:

Monthly tuition: 400 X 12 months for 20+ hrs a week = $4800
Meet fees/coaches fees for 6 meets $1785
TOPS Meets 2 X $50 = $100
Leos Warm ups Bag (have not gotten yet so estimate) around $400
Practice Leo $25
Lodging/Travel for two meets that are away $15oo

And this does not include gas to other more local meets or family entrance fees into the meets, etc. Nor do I know what our fee will be for choreography yet because she will be starting her first optional season and coach has not told us yet what that charge will be.

Plus I have a pre-team dd who goes 4 hrs per week at $165 per month for $1980

Estimate per year is $10,000-$12,000

Yikes - I have never done the math.

Monthly tuition: $285 x 12 = $3,420 (7.5 hours level 3)
Gear: $300 (Comp leo, Clinic leo, Warmups, bag)
Meet/Coach Fees: $700 for 9 meets and one clinic
Lodging/Travel = $0 this year, as my in-laws live in the town where our one travel meet is so we're going to stay with them!

So $4,420 or so for the year. Ugh.

We pay $200/month for 4 hours a week of preteam. So $2400/year.

I think that it will more than double if she makes the actual team, including meet fees etc.

Have we heard from the Aussies! Trying to convince my husband to take a job over there. Curious about their costs.

Presidental Classic? If so good luck to you. We are going to that meet
I have seen some threads on "how much for training hours" but not on the total price per year. We are just starting out and I've seen the list of team training fees but I don't know what to expect as far as meet fees and other team expenses in the first few years or later on for that matter. Would love to hear what you are all paying per year when it's all added together.

We pay $185/mo for 9 hours. Strength and Conditioning fees are around $50/mo.
Booster Fees, which we can fundraise or just pay are $550 for the year, but that covers all meets and coaches fees, and the team banquet for our family.
Leo was about $90, bags are between $15-30, Spirit Leo was $40ish, and a TOPs leo was $60 I think.
Could be worse it seems!

$1750 per year tuition
$600 meet fees
Leo + warmups (usually every 2yrs)= approximately $250
2 meets are 4+ hours away so we will probably stay the night since L3 apparently usually goes first thing in the morning, the other 3 meets are local. So an extra $200 or so for hotel fees, plus about $200 for gas, eating out, etc for both meets.

A total of $3000 for this year. Not too bad compared to others. Next year will probably be about $750-$1000 more since she will have more hours and also be going to several more meets.

Older dd is about $3,480 per year for tuition and another about $1,200 per year for booster and fees. This doesn't include any hotels or travel for meets. So just for those she is at about $4,680 per year.

DS is $2,460 per year for 9 hours per week, about $800 for booster and fees plus another about $150 when he needs a new uniform - just as he outgrows it, not every other year like for the girls. None of this includes hotel or travel. So he is about $3,410 per year.

Younger dd is $2,580 per year for 9 hours per week. Plus about $1,000 in booster and fees. So $3,580 per year.

All told our family spends nearly $12,000 per year on the sport. I hate to figure it up!!

First thing guys to get a real comparison each countries average wage should be posted too... But as I am faint hearted dispite the tea and choccy I will just do our fees....
So we train 26 hours/ week at $2040.50 ( I ask you at that price couldn't they spare us the. 50c????) x 4 terms = $8162 ; holiday training is about $375 x 4 = $1500 if an IDP gets invited to the AIS ( Australian Institute of Sport located in Canberra) for either / both of the yearly camps cost
depends on your location in Aus for us it's about $800 per camp... If parent goes as chaperone for the club that's another $800.... Then we have to travel to our HPC for some of our Ideal testing so that's $10o accommodation plus coaches expenses divided about 8 times / year just paid 160 for the new comp Leo not doing travel la la la as we travel a long way by choice la la la then there's the several fun practise Leo's which somehow get bought la la la
Pretty much I can gather at the 3 gyms we have been with the hourly rate in our part of Aus is about $7- $9 per hour across all the classes whether rec or competitive. The different streams attend different numbers of comps which is very club dependant, our IDP's just attend 3 .... This has been such a fun thread, I have enjoyed reading what fellow chalkbucketers pay...... And YES I haven't added ours all up :) LOL

Interested in what kiwis pay? Any kiwi chalkbucketers out there? I think it's way less then Aussies?

I live in a very expensive area. Our monthly fee is 600, that's not counting meet fees, assessment fees(1100) and travel. It all depends on where you live...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back