Coaches What did your gymnasts achieve today?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All of the new competitive gymnasts got their back handspring on trampoline this week - 2 on monday and 2 on wednesday. They are really neat, too. We have been working RO jump back a lot so will go for the correction at the end of this week. I'm excited!

WOW- We've got 2 almost-flyaways, a whip-down back handspring, 2 front handspring 1/2 vaults, a baby giant (she's only 6 so it's really cute :D) and a super close back handspring on beam!

EDIT- WE'VE GOT SOME STANDING BACK TUCKS! Well, off a mat, but they were all super scared of them at first but they went for it!

We got whipbacks this week. And a standing tuck. And an absolutely gorgeous full.

All are doing so well in working towards putting their standing tuck and front backs on beam.

The flips are coming along beautifully, we've now connected backwalkovers to them.
Trying to convince them to do round off's but they are not keen at all!

I love my preteamers. One busted out a backdrop pullover, so they all did! Made My Week.

2 cast handstands! One was super surprising- she couldn't even cast to 45 degrees and then BAAAAM! We got a bunch of handstand that left me thinking "where the heck did those come from?"

One new giant, several new back tucks and layouts on floor, and a new kip.

They're really on a roll lately!

I love hearing all these achievements!

My final gymnast did her kip last Sunday on wooden bar. She didn't do it again Mon or Thu, but yesterday I had the day off and she got her kip and long hang kip! Yay a whole group of kippers, I've never ever been in this position before! Now we can get to work on the harder skills! :D

lots of standing tucks on floor and the low beam. doing really great with kips on bars. For months on of my girls hasn't need able to catch the high bar, from a squat/straddle/pike on but finally did on Saturday - wuhoo!!

Was doing these plyometric exercises with the girls, they loved them. http://www.gymnastike.org/coverage/238390-Workout-Wednesday-Season-5/video/500051-Workout-Wednesday-Conditioning-with-the-Cincinnati-Gymnastics-Elites

W
hat kind of age are everyones gymnasts? Mine are a group of competitive girls aged 9 - 11 - i love them!

I coach lots of different classes:
Competitive group - 9 gymnasts aged between 8 and 12 all around the same ability, some are training in and out of age level 4, others in and out of age level 5. Grades wise we are working on National grade 8 and 7.
Development squad aged 5-6 - working on basics with a view to doing compulsory grades in the year they turn 8.
Pre-School Class aged 3-41/2
Recreational classes 2 lots of beginners aged between 4 and 6 and 2 lots of advanced aged between 8 and 11.

When I post in this thread, I'm mostly talking about my competitive group.

I talk about my competitive group too marie. I coach recreation also but our classes don't run throughout the summer for rec. I love my rec groups too, my little boys are so so funny!

W
hat kind of age are everyones gymnasts? Mine are a group of competitive girls aged 9 - 11 - i love them!

I coach pretty much everything...I have artistic rec/preteam ages 6-11ish, I have T&T rec/preteam ages 6-11ish, and I've got T&T team ages 8-16 or so. AND I substitute for artistic team, ages 9-12 or so.

I tend to brag most about my T&Ters. They defy gravity.

One of my girls got her back tuck. One of my boys got his moy. Three of my boys are, out of nowhere, doing Diamadovs on p-bars with almost no spot.

We got 4 standing tucks onto a mat in the pit, a backhandspring, a back straight on rod floor, a mounter front tuck on double mini, and a niiiiiiice high level 7 trampoline compulsory. And another back drop pullover.

Hmm my girls weren't great last night at all. They reacted oddly to a new American coach we have, I think they didn't understand some of the terms and kept looking at me when the other Coach would correct them. I hope that's not the end of their really successful period they've been having!

Today two gymnasts did giants on strap bar all by themselves, and 2 have their front tuck off beam. The RO BHS have taken a step back, however, and are very inconsistant. Hey ho, they will come.

My whole T&T preteam all showed me their whole trampoline routine (more or less...all the skills were there, just not always all connected), and are therefore now trampoline level 5s. I'm a bit proud.

And we had 2 new BHS back tucks as well. And a new aeriel cartwheel. And 3 new porpoises.

Oh, and one of my rec artistic kids came in and busted out the highest casts in the gym. No kidding.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back