What do you wear while training?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
What do you wear while you are training?

At my club in the competitive and pre competitive program everyone (all girls) is required to just a leo, not shorts, not shirt, nothing over top. Just the leo by itself.
What do you wear. I would like to be allowed to wear shorts, but nope not allowed unless you get special permission from your coach because you have a legitimate and acceptable reason.

Our girls wear a leo, and most of them wear tight lycra shorts. They can wear leggings in the winter when it is very cold.

Comp girls wear a leo, and can wear tight shorts if they want too. On occasion I have seen some wearing capris. At the begining (only warm up and conditioning) we can wear pants (no jeans, like our track suit pants) and a jacket or t-shirt (like our team shirt, tightfitting t-shirts our our competition warm ups). But once warm up and conditioning is done it's just a leo and shorts. During competition season, while we do routines we can't wear shorts. (only on certain practice days, for exemple on fridays)
The pre-comp follow the same rules, however sometimes they wear just shorts/sweats and a t-shirt.

Everyone one wears a leo and most of the older girls and some of the younger girls wear gk shorts. During warmup we wear t-shirts or tanktops in the summer and sweatpants and sweatshirts in the winter. Why can't you wear shorts? Is it so that you practice like a competition?

the team girls wear a leo, and only a leo. sometimes in the summer if only the older girls are in the gym we will just practice in our sports bras with our leos rolled down ( only if nobody else is in the gym) and sometimes in the winter we get to wear socks until the gym warms up :p i wish we could wear shorts, but my coach says its not acceptable. lol the prep optional team gets to wear shorts and all class kids get to wear anything as long as its not like jeans etc.

We can't wear our shorts during routines, so that is feel more like a competition, and so that we are used to the feeling. This way we are less likely to pick our suits while competing.

We normally wear whatever we feel comfortable in for warm up, conditioning, and dance routines, (leo, and sweater/t-shirt/leggings/shorts.) But, on Sunday's it's no shorts day, so no shorts aloud. As soon as we go to any event though, we have to take off our extra clothes so it's only leo and shorts.

I wear a leo, and some girls wear a leo with shorts. Sometimes in the winter they wear leggings with a leo, and in the summer some of the older girls wear their sports bras, with shorts and their leo rolled down.

A leotard, and appropriate shorts if you want. No shirts or baggy pants/shorts. I think a tank top over the leotard is okay.

All team girls wear a leo or leo/gk shorts. Sometimes a coach will ask that they take the shorts off when doing a routine.

Everyone one wears a leo and most of the older girls and some of the younger girls wear gk shorts. During warmup we wear t-shirts or tanktops in the summer and sweatpants and sweatshirts in the winter. Why can't you wear shorts? Is it so that you practice like a competition?

Yea thats why, our coach wants us to all be used to being in just a leo so its not awkward or uncomfortable at competitions.

What to wear?

At our gym in the UK, it is compulsory to train in a full length leotard at all times.... but if u are above the age of 9/10 i think it is you are aloud to train in velor or lycra shorts. Most of our gymnasts train in "MILANO" or "AAREFLEX" branded shorts as they are very popular here in the UK.

Newt :)

For the awquardness situation...that is why we have an age limit on ours as the older gymnasts tend to feel a little bit uncomfortable in just a leo ;)

My DD's optional girls can wear a t-shirt and the lycra style shorts during the warm up (about 30 min at the start) then it's just a leo and no exceptions.

the L4 - 6 its just a leo.

Yea thats why, our coach wants us to all be used to being in just a leo so its not awkward or uncomfortable at competitions.
I wonder if it would really make a difference? There is a girl on my team that always wears shorts to practice and once she asked another girl who doesn't wear shorts that often if she was comfortable without shorts, and the conversation went like this - She said "yes, aren't you?" and the girl who always wears shorts said "no, I feel so uncomfortable" "then how do you feel at meets?" "Uncomfortable!" But the girl who always wears shorts at practice won states, and later found out that she had a broken bone in her hand while she was during the meet. So it obviously didn't effect her!

I wonder if it would really make a difference? There is a girl on my team that always wears shorts to practice and once she asked another girl who doesn't wear shorts that often if she was comfortable without shorts, and the conversation went like this - She said "yes, aren't you?" and the girl who always wears shorts said "no, I feel so uncomfortable" "then how do you feel at meets?" "Uncomfortable!" But the girl who always wears shorts at practice won states, and later found out that she had a broken bone in her hand while she was during the meet. So it obviously didn't effect her!

Yea i know! I wish that we could just have a "No Shorts Day" Like one day a week, and even not wearing them during the competition season, just the actual training. I dont care about wear shirts and what not because i understand that it makes it hard to spot correctly.

and i forgot to mention that we do get to wear clothes for warm up (first 15 minutes) as long as it is activewear sort of thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back