What Does Your Name Mean?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

triptwister

I've been looking at all the clever and interesting names that members use as handles. Most are obvious and others seem to contain cryptic messages. The same goes for the location found in our profiles. We all can understand why people would be reluctant to publicize where they live. Instead many members use other words to either hint at or throw off this information.

I thought it would be fun to explain what your handle means and what you mean by your location information if its something meaningful without telling us of course where you live.

My location is self explanatory but my handle is special. I am a trip. I wanted people to think, wow, that guy is a trip. People even call me Trip. Twister means its gymnastics related and also that I may start you out on one path and all of a sudden twist down another path that I planned from the start. However, I try to make those paths interesting and relate various viewpoints on the same subject to the original theme although at times it pushes the envelope.

No matter how simple you think your handle looks please tell us the story behind it, what it means, and why you chose it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
. I may start you out on one path and all of a sudden twist down another path that I planned from the start.

How very manipulative and arrogant of you.

Excuse me if I chose not to participate in any more of your threads. I come here as an adult for reasons that have nothing to do with being the puppet of someone who admittedly has some "trippy" ideas.

Talk about nerve.... :rolleyes:

My location is self explanatory but my handle is special. I am a trip. I wanted people to think, wow, that guy is a trip. People even call me Trip. Twister means its gymnastics related and also that I may start you out on one path and all of a sudden twist down another path that I planned from the start.

...and this is why people have a problem with you. It is creepy and not at all what the CB wants of it's members.

The less info members divulge on the CB the better. We can all share and learn without giving out personal details. We'll all be safer that way.

What does your handle mean, Bogwoppit? People divulge information much more risky than what I'm suggesting. I appreciate what is being said. But the way its being said is in poor taste. Please remove my Chalk Bucket Republic thread and this one. Let someone else start these threads. The ideas for them are sincere and ought to exist. But lets leave out the negativity. Thanks.

I've been looking at all the clever and interesting names that members use as handles. Most are obvious and others seem to contain cryptic messages. The same goes for the location found in our profiles. We all can understand why people would be reluctant to publicize where they live. Instead many members use other words to either hint at or throw off this information.

I thought it would be fun to explain what your handle means and what you mean by your location information if its something meaningful without telling us of course where you live.

My location is self explanatory but my handle is special. I am a trip. I wanted people to think, wow, that guy is a trip. People even call me Trip. Twister means its gymnastics related and also that I may start you out on one path and all of a sudden twist down another path that I planned from the start. However, I try to make those paths interesting and relate various viewpoints on the same subject to the original theme although at times it pushes the envelope.

No matter how simple you think your handle looks please tell us the story behind it, what it means, and why you chose it. :)
What did your other 8 screen names mean?

Triptwister has been banned at his own request. He has stated that he voluntarily will not return.

No further commentary on trip is necessary.

ANYWAY.

I have no objections to this thread, and in fact we've even had a similar thread in the past if I recall correctly. If anybody has a story behind their username which they wish to share (and can do so without divulging too much personal information), feel free to do so.

Last edited:
well - i chose it because i know i have a really bad memory, and wouldnt remember a nick name username!!! I have had 44 years practice remembering this one...

@ Jacquie.... Same, except what are the chances I'll forget's child name and our relationship!

Back in highschool, I worked as a professional juggler at a local Renaissance Faire. My character was a juggler and notoriously bad poet, so I used the name Geoffrey Taucer as a pun on Geoffrey Chaucer.

Since then, I've used this as my all-purpose internet pseudonym.

so funny GT - for years I read your name a Geoffrey Chaucer, it was ages before I realised it was Taucer. I kept wondering does someone really like that weird drivel enough to use it for a username. The wife of bath anyone?

Back in highschool, I worked as a professional juggler at a local Renaissance Faire. My character was a juggler and notoriously bad poet, so I used the name Geoffrey Taucer as a pun on Geoffrey Chaucer.

Since then, I've used this as my all-purpose internet pseudonym.

Groannnnnnnn......................

I thought it was your real name, not a bad pun! LOL

mine is my nickname my mom has always called me. she sometimes just shortens it to beast. I don't know how many time we've been places and she'll yell out "beast" to get my attention... we get really weird looks from people and made fun of by friends :). I like it though!

Its the same for me that it is for jacquie. If i get to inventive coming up with a name, ill never be able to remember it. So I have the same name on all forums (used to be on a couple yorkie forums before kids) ive been on. Except one of them you had to add a number..anyone wanna guess what one i added?..lmbo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back