Parents What is your competition season?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jago

Proud Parent
When is your competition season (abc month to xyz month) for
Compulsories?
Optionals?

When (what month) is your
States for both Compulsory and Optional?
Regionals?

There seems to be a variety of competition seasons among the members of Chalkbucket, even those that are in the same state.

Our Compulsory season is September through November with States in Mid-November.
Our Optional season is January through April.

Thank you!

My daughter, who will compete L5 this year, will compete October-April, with states in April. Her gym is in Western MA (although we live in CT).

The Compulsory season at DD's gym starts a little earlier this year with Judges' Cup in late August. They will go until early Feb. with 9 meets total. State Compulsory Meet is in December. The optional Team starts in November and the state meet is in March. IIRC, their regional meet was in April.

We're in PA and our schedule seems pretty similar to KateR in CT. Their first meet is generally a Halloween-themed one in late October. The last regular season meet they'll go to will probably be in March sometime, with States April-ish (I know level 6 states is Mid-April this year... level 5 is maybe a couple weeks after that...). This year there will be no sectionals for any level. There's a qualifying score for States and you have to get it at a qualifying meet at least 2 weeks before the States meet to qualify.

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far!
Especially for including your state/area! I neglected to ask that part.

We're in Southern Califoria (SoCal) and there seems to be different seasons even within our area of San Diego County, Orange County and Los Angeles County. Of course all compulsory levels in SoCal will have State level competition in November. In California the State comp is divided by Northern California and Southern California since we have so many gymnasts in the state.

Needless to say I'm a novice gym mom trying to learn all I can! My DD will compete first year L4 this Fall and we are so-o-o-o excited!!

I've learned so much by reading the Chalkbucket Forums over the past 2.5 years!
Thank you Chalkbucket!!!!!
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Our Compulsory season is September through November with States in Mid-November.

Thank you!

PA tried to do this last year... have optionals and compularies different seasons. Apparently it had to do with having trouble finding judges for meets, especially States, etc. However, even though it was approved by the PA USAG board (or whoever makes such decisions), I guess there was a big outcry and they decided not to do it after all.

Competition season begins in April and ends in November.

Individual season begins in April with Regionals usually in May, states in June and Nationals in July. Then team season usually goes from state level championships in September/october, to national titles in November.

Compulsories?
Optionals?

Regionals?

There seems to be a variety of competition seasons among the members of Chalkbucket, even those that are in the same state.

Thank you!

Ours is the same as yours.

In Barbados there is no "season". We are the only club here, so we have to travel to compete, and when we compete depends on whose meets we are attending. Our gym follows the school year, so we start with team trials the last week in August, classes begin in September and the year ends in late June with our gymnastics show. Because of cost, travel time etc., we choose only a few meets a year and that's all we do. We usually pick just one late fall meet (mid-November), because we don't train much in the summer so in September we have a lot of girls in new levels. We then try to attend one in winter term (February or March - January is too soon after Christmas break) and then one in spring (April, May or early June). There is lots of time therefore for a girl to really improve between the first and the last meet.

Compulsories? L4 - 6 has 2 seasons Sep - Dec and Jan - apr or may depending on how holidays and vacation weeks fall.

Optionals? optionals are usually just after thanksgiving until april or May depending on the level L7-8 are usually done april or may L9-10 sometime in may could go into june

L4 - 6 in Dec for first season and April or may
L7 -8 and L9-10 states around april or may

Regionals?
Regionals a few weeks after states and if they make it to Nanionals a few weeks after that.

Thank you!

I think it will depend on where you live too when your season is.

My daughter, who will compete L5 this year, will compete October-April, with states in April. Her gym is in Western MA (although we live in CT).

We're in CT, too! Our gym is in Windsor. What gym are you in?

My 2 DDs will begin competing this year - and I've been told that our comp season will run from Jan-April - it's Prep-Op, though. (Our gym does L3 prep-op to ready the girls for competing at L4 next yr) I'm not sure about States/regionals... though it looks like the they were in late APril/Early May this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back