what was your WORST gymnastics injury ever?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mine was a broken tibia and fibula (the two bones in your lower leg, that go from your lower knee to your ankle). both bones broke in half, and were sticking out when it happened. it was a trampoline injury. i now have a rod that goes from my knee to my ankle, and it has been about eight or nine months since it happened, and im doing pretty good! the only thing that really hurts is running, but i can still tumble some! :)

Woww,that sounds bad!!Mine was straining my upper hamstring this past January.It was so bad I couldnt touch my toes let alone do the splits,but with a few months of physical therapy i have all my skills back :)

My daughter is only 6 so far she has had one injury. She was running for the vault and caught her foot on the spring board and broke her big toe. She was in a boot for a while.

I had a very bad ankle sprain. But it didn't take me that long to recover. In about a month I was black in the gym slowly getting my skills back.

Mine was a minor knee sprain. I was only out for about 2 1/2 weeks and competed the next weekend or the one after that. So not to bad!

My worst gymnastics related injury ( and only) was when i broke my tail bone when i was first learning squat on, Jump to high bar, Fell square on my butt!

ouch! im proud of you guys for recovering well (hopefully) :)

knee injuries=horrible

ankle injuries=a pain in the you-know-what!

pulled/torn leg muscles=ouchhh

tail bone=hurts like heeell

I had a grade 3 sprain and a possibly torn ligament in my ankle. I was on crutches for 2 weeks and in a boot for a month, and couldn't do anything jumping/pounding for 2 months. :(

I hurt my back doing a conditioning exercise.. It was what forced me to quit gymnastics.. Our coach had heard that this exercise was not good for gymnasts backs but that didn't stop her from drilling us hard.. Three other girls have this injury as well. It leads to a hyper extended spine.. I had to go to physical therapy for quite a while and never fully recovered from it. I could not do a bridge, walkover, anything that slowly moves like that. The slowest thing I could do was a handspring, and even that hurt.. My back is visibly different and constantly hurts..

my worst ingury at gym was i hiper extended my knee and i heard a huge POP! (my knee went backwards) when i was doing my dismount (a punch front) and it was on my second day of practice too! but luckly it was summer practices :) and not season But my worst ever ingury (both not at gym) was when i was roller blading in P.E. we were playing a game and a ball went infront of my skate and i lost my balance and i brused/fractured my tail bone, i didn't go to the doctors cause i already had this happen to me and it still hurts to this day!! (it happened a couple years ago) and i had my arm pulled out of it's socket when i was little and it hurts and you can't move your arm at all, and it is kind of a scary feeling! so we went to the hospital and they popped it back into place and gave me a juices box!
sorry it is kind of long haha :)

A concussion from being (accidentaly) kicked in the head while doing handstand walks. I also have osgood-slautters (sp?) but I don't know if that really counts as an injury since I didn't hurt myself to get it.

My knee had severe Osgood Schlatters, plus a small chunk of my tibia came off and lodged itself near my knee. I couldn't stand up if my knees were above my hips without being in severe pain.

I broke each of my 5th metatarsals (the outside-most bone in your foot). When I broke the left, it was a more serious break, and I spent two or three weeks (don't remember) on crutches, 2 months in a boot, and an additional 1-2 months with little/no pounding. SUCKED SO BADLY.

I've fractured both of my wrists twice. But, I never broke them while doing gymnastics, so I don't really think they count. The last time I fractured my left wrist I was rolling on my stomach on an exercise ball at my house, then I just so happened to put a little to much pressure on my arm when I rolled forward and it fractured. At the time I'd only been in gymnastics for about 6 months and I was 7 so it didn't really bother me.
The only other injures I've ever had would be spraining my ankle doing ariels (I had to sit out for a few weeks, not bad at all), a mild back injury in which my back was twisted due to my uneven hips and too many back walkovers, a bad bone bruise that wouldn't heel because I kept doing stuff on it because it was during season, and a few very mild hyper extended knees. The back injury and the bone bruise happened around the same time too, level 7 was not a fun year. :) Over all, not bad at all, I've seen way worse.

I was doing a release move on high bar when my toes caught the bar, I fell funny and dislocated my hip!!
DD has a stress fracture of her spine at L3...we're a broken family!!

My worst injury is the one I'm just now coming back from and that was a dislocated elbow that popped all of the way out and was bent 90 degrees the other direction that was then put in a cast for 3 weeks then had to wait another 3 weeks before physical therapy started. Then after 7 months my physical therapist and parents and I decided it wasn't making progress and decided to go to a new doctor who ordered an MRI and ct scan where we found out I had a fracture from going bak to gymnastics (after bein pleura by the old doctor) and had to get surgery in may and I'm just now going back into bigger skills. This has been by far the worst injury

My worst injury was when I broke my leg falling off beam. Another bad fall off beam, I didn't get hurt, though if my coach hadn't caught me, I would have shattered my hand and wrist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back