Parents What would you do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
So I know the usual consensus around these parts is "gym stays at the gym and vacation is for vacation" but I'm in a bit of a predicament. So my dad lives in Vegas and he wants us (me, my husband and my girls) to come out for Christmas. I definitely want to go. The issue is of course gymnastics. Meet season starts the first weekend in January (the 7th I think) and per her coach, DD isn't exactly ready, she'd need a spot on at least one skill in 3 of her events (at least as of now) coach says she'll still compete, she just wanted me to be aware that spots would incur deductions, which I'm totally fine with, I really just want her to get the experience. That being said, taking a full week of gym that close to meet season worries me a bit (gym doesn't close during Christmas, so she would be missing practice) Would you be looking for a gym in Vegas to go to for a couple days while away? If anything the conditioning would be good for her I think just so her flexibility and strength is kept up....I just don't want her coaches to take that as us/her not being dedicated to gym so close to meet season.
We haven't seen my dad in two years, and his health isn't the greatest. I really want to be able to go visit him but at the same time I don't want to hinder anything with her gymnastics. If I'm being a CGM let me know :)

Just looking for y'all to calm my fears a bit.

Thoughts?

family first!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back