WAG When Officially Elite?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When may a gymnast OFFICIALLY call herself an Elite Level gymnast?

When they have passed both the optional and compulsory portions of an elite qualifier. They do not have to be done at the same meet, just the same season. They will be junior or senior elite, depending on age.

Though until they are asked to be on the National Team they really are not likely to compete as an elite for the US. Worlds and Olympics teams are selected from the National Team, not the elite pool

Last edited:
I have found since Sophia qualified HOPES that MOST gym parents don't understand and even though I explain she is NOT an elite gymnast they tell friends and introduce her as an ELITE gymnast. After awhile I just get tired of explaining because I know what HOPES means and can't stop them from using the word ELITE.

What someone intends (hopes for :D) is very different then what actually happens for a lot of folks.

I am sure there are many kids in HOPEs programs. Only a few comparatively become ELITE. And they are not remotely the same.

But I wouldn't call Hopes "not even remotely the same" as elite. Sophia's routines posted on the other thread are Hopes routines, and they are only a couple of upgrades away from being very competitive junior elite routines. I would call that as least somewhat close to elite.

But I wouldn't call Hopes "not even remotely the same" as elite. Sophia's routines posted on the other thread are Hopes routines, and they are only a couple of upgrades away from being very competitive junior elite routines. I would call that as least somewhat close to elite.

Absolutely. Hopes routines are very close to elite routines.

Sophia is incredibly talented and could do those same routines without being Hopes

It is not the word it is the training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back