Which Camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

just my opinion..

I've gone to both IGC and Woodward PA. I enjoyed IGC much much more! I liked that it was strictly a gymnastics camp also. Woodward PA has gymnastics, biking, skateboarding and other sports all on the same campus and when I walked outside my cabin there would be skateboarders practically on my porch. IGC is only gymnasts everywhere meaning you all share a common interest. The gymnastics training was pretty equal, however IGC has the better facilities. IGC also offers dance and conditioning. Also, at IGC you have a schedule of gymnastics in the morning and the afternoon, then recreation or open gym. At woodward, you either have gymnastics in the morning OR afternoon, not both. However, I believe there is open gym at both times, so if you have afternoon practice, you can still go to open gym in the morning. I also felt IGC has more recreation. Woodward has enough stuff, but it gets old by the end of the week. IGC has lots of recreation, plus special contests and karaoke nights and stuff like that. I enjoyed Woodward PA, and I'm not trying to make it sound bad, but I enjoyed IGC better. I've never been to other camps, so I have no info/opinion on them. But between these two, I personally enjoyed IGC better :)

i have been to woodward PA, and i loved it! it wasn't completely about gymnastics, like you could do other things and have a great time with friends etc. but you still got alot done if you wanted to. i was suppose to go to IGC week 1, but i tore my ACL and meniscus causing me to not be able to go. butt the rest of my team went, and they said they like woodward better than IGC because not all of them were in the same groups and they found that they didn't see each other very often. they said the gymnastics part was amazingly great though, but they still liked woodward PA better ;) i just thought i would share that with you :)

i went to flip fest a few weeks ago and it was awesome!!!! i liked that there was a lot of gymnastics but there was also stuff like tubing and sand volleyball.. i also liked that there were open gyms almost every day so you could work on things you didn't get to in practice.. the only thing i didn't like were a few of the coaches.. but most of them were great!! there are also a lot of great olympians there every week! i'm definately going back next year but i think i'm also going to try the university of missouri camp. but i would definately recommend flip fest!!! :D

College camps

My DD went to Sooner Camp at OU (University of Oklahoma) in Norman, OK. They run 2 camps in June and the girls stayed in the dorm and worked out in their newly remodeled gym. The camp counselors were all OU gymnasts and coaches. Her counselor was Holly Vise (she is amazing and so patient with the girls). She had a blast, learned new skills (double pike into the pit) and it was surprisingly affordable.

There is also a really good camp at TWU (Texas Womens University) in Denton, TX. The counselors were college gymnasts and the facility is top notch.

Both of these camps are sleepaway camps and have lots of workout time and plenty of fun things as well like swimming and kareoke night.

Going to a college camp gave her the chance to meet the college gymnasts and see what their campus life was like should she choose that route.

Both my son and daughter have attended USAG Training Camp at Mt Holyoak college in So Hadley Ma. My son attended from 9 yo - 16 yo and my DD attended from 7yo - present 13yo. so this will be her 7th year and she and son LOVE and LOVED it. This year they will have a field trip to the Visa championships in CT since its not that far from the camp. DD can hardly wait. If your interested they still have room you can go to the USAG site under camps and its there.

DD attended the LSU camp and LOVED it. She learned a lot and LOVED the LSU campus. :) Well worth the money. We do not live aanywhere near one of the big camps.

I've heard good things about camps at Universitys that have NCAA teams. It's also a good way to visit and get to know the campus and coaches.

Both my son and daughter have attended USAG Training Camp at Mt Holyoak college in So Hadley Ma. My son attended from 9 yo - 16 yo and my DD attended from 7yo - present 13yo. so this will be her 7th year and she and son LOVE and LOVED it. This year they will have a field trip to the Visa championships in CT since its not that far from the camp. DD can hardly wait. If your interested they still have room you can go to the USAG site under camps and its there.

I've never been to a gymnastics camp personally, but my sister went to the above referenced camp (USGTC) and LOVED it. This was back in 2000, and because the Olympic Trials were in Boston that year, they were able to go watch an open workout. Great experience all around for her. She still talks about it 10 years later!

I LOVE usgtc, it's a great camp, I've been going there for years.

I LOVED igc!!!!!! The facilities were amazing! The only downside about when I went last year for my first year, I went BECAUSE it was a gymnastics camp of course, but I got kind of bored because I'm just in rec op so there wasn't really anything I REALLY wanted to work on. But since I'm doing high school gymnastics this upcoming year, there's a lot of difficult skills I want to work on this year, and I can't wait! I am kind of sad because a lot of people who I've known that have been going to igc for a long time suddenly start going to woodward. I've look at the woodward website, and it just doesn't appeal to me because there are other sports going on there and the schedule sounds really confusing. I recommend IGC!

second (or third) the college camps. i used to go to university of denver and air force academy camps when i was younger and loved them. they were fairly inexpensive too and you go to stay in the dorms and everything which was awesome.

"Daughters (ages 10 and 12) went to the UCLA/Nastia camp last week and LOVED it."

A couple of my teammates went to that camp!!!! They both our on vacation right know so I dont have a full report. But I heard that they had a GREAT time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back