Women's NCAA rules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Anybody know where I can find the women's NCAA rules? I know NCAA men use FIG rules with a couple of small modifications, but I have no idea what the women use.

It's pretty similar to JO level 10 in terms of the requirement structures. Obviously the difference is in the judging. A couple other small differences like you can use a wooden board under the springboard for beam/bars mount (usually makes the beam front tuck mount easier because you can use the board better).

It's nothing like WAG FIG rules or values. Again mostly very close to JO level 10 in terms of actual routine composition. If you have a girl with strong L10 routines you can expect that an NCAA coach will see them as a strong contender (depending on skill level and what school they want would be where the differences in recruiting vs walk on would be).

Common routine on floor would be double back/double pike, front handspring FLO FLO, front full/rudi/double full. Yes the strongest tumblers might have a full in, two double salto passes, more complex combo tumbling. So obviously the better the tumbling the better. But I've seen plenty of double back, FLO FLO, C or D twisting routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back