WAG Woodward Adult Week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Has anyone been to Woodward as an adult gymnast during their adult week? If so how was it? Or have any younger gymnasts gone week 11 (which is adult week) and maybe you saw the adults training and you could give some insight??
From what I've learned in my own research you stay in a cabin with the other adult gymnasts, as well as in training groups with adult gymnasts. According to the office, they do have adult gymnasts at all levels.

Also, are any other adult gymnasts (adults being out of highschool, above 18 years old. I myself am 20 years old) that would or are considering going to Woodward this summer?!

I would definitely go if I was medically allowed to do gymnastics and if I wasn't a poor college kid! Have fun! Woodward is the best and make sure you have a julep from the canteen! They were the best thing ever when I was 14 years old so they might actually be terrible now but it's worth a try!

I have been there as a driver during adult week and the mix of people seemed a bit odd to me...there were adults who had never done gymnastics as well as very skilled gymnasts...there were also adult men there too (and some didn't pass the "creep test" for me...) ...I just don't know if I'd spend that kind of money to go to camp with folks I didn't know but to each their own..

Do you remember how many adults were there bookworm? I would really love to go but I have only taken adult recreational classes for three years so my level is pretty low...

I think there was a cabin of them but one of the smaller (8-10) cabins ...there weren't that many of them (female) and even less of the guys...

Sythiel if i were you, unless you're really hell bent on doing gymnastics for a week, I 'd go to a more upscale adult dude ranch/camp kind of place where you'd at least have better food (it's ok for kids but as an adult I'd want better) and accomodations ( I recall there always being trouble with the showers running properly)...it's up to you but it is what it is..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back