WAG Xcel regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

agtc0424

Gymnast
I know it's reallyyyy early to start thinking about meet season, but we are paying meet fees in these next few months. Regionals is listed at the bottom, and it made me curious as to how you would qualify to this meet. I'm in region 6. Thanks!

You need a certain score at states to qualify. However, it is very difficult. Out of all the Xcel gymnasts competing in region 6, I believe only the top 80 or so make it.

In region 4 the girls in Xcel need to get a certain score. I want to say a 32, but it could be 34. Many of the girls qualify. Not all gyms participate though.

For Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond:

"Qualification will take place at the State Championships. The top [7] gymnasts in each division will qualify as a state team. An additional [60] qualifiers, in each division, will be selected on a % of a % formula. The additional qualifiers will be determined using the State XCEL membership as of 2/1/16."

SOURCE: http://region6usagym.org/content/2016-xcel-regional-championships-general-information

By "state team" is that like the super seven for optionals?

Probably, but I'm not familiar with the term "super seven". The top 7 in each division comprise the state team and instead of competing in their age groups at regionals, they compete as a team against other state teams in a separate session.

Top seven at states go as the state team. A percentage at state meet go as "All Star" team. It is not age dependent. It is top seven and top percentage scores.

There is no regionals for Bronze.

So the "60 gymnasts (like last year)" or "percentage" is by state (i.e. CT, MA, etc) not by everyone right? So say there were 5 state meets and the percentage ended up being 60 gymnasts, 300 gymnasts + 35 would be at regionals per division?

So the "60 gymnasts (like last year)" or "percentage" is by state (i.e. CT, MA, etc) not by everyone right? So say there were 5 state meets and the percentage ended up being 60 gymnasts, 300 gymnasts + 35 would be at regionals per division?
Regional all star team............... mileage may vary (as in acutal numbers) based on total participation.

State team is strictly top seven, well unless there is a tie....... Then it may be more gymmies. It is top seven scores.

So the percentage of gymnasts is from all the combined states?
I don't get caught up in the minutia (sp?) but I believe it is the percentage based on the individual state. So a bigger state will have a larger all star team.

oh wait never mind- thats because there were state teams in addition to the 60....makes sense now i guess. :)

It is very hard. I know in 2015 in NY only 14 XG made regionals. The top 7 (regardless of age) and apparently the %of a % thing worked out to be another 7 for the all star team.

I wish it was tougher in region 1. There are way to many IMO. The qualifying scores need to be raised.

They raised the qualifying score in Region 8 by a lot this year! So it's possible they may eventually do that in Region 1 too @JMACAZ I was just reading the summer newsletter and now bronze and silver need a 36.5 to qualify, gold/platinum 36. It used to be an entire point lower I believe. I can understand it b/c our regionals this year was way way too big for the facility and sessions ran hours behind, there was a shortage of space and seating etc. So I guess it was raise that score, or only take bids for regionals with very large venues and the ability to run 4 sessions or so at once.

They raised the qualifying score in Region 8 by a lot this year! So it's possible they may eventually do that in Region 1 too @JMACAZ I was just reading the summer newsletter and now bronze and silver need a 36.5 to qualify, gold/platinum 36. It used to be an entire point lower I believe. I can understand it b/c our regionals this year was way way too big for the facility and sessions ran hours behind, there was a shortage of space and seating etc. So I guess it was raise that score, or only take bids for regionals with very large venues and the ability to run 4 sessions or so at once.

Any idea why they don't qualify xcel the same as 6/7/8?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back