Coaches Xcel State Rules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgagym

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi,

I am from a state that is just starting Xcel. We are a new gym and added Xcel as are only form of competition and plan on keeping it that way. Most of the others gyms in the state have been around for a while and all have JO programs so Xcel is an add on for them. We only had a few clubs involved with Xcel this year, and no state rules or state meet yet.

We are having our first state meeting about Xcel shortly. I would like to see this program grow in our state so that it turns out to be a really great alternative to JO for those kids and parents that do not want to make the time or financial commitment that JO takes. I do however want it to be a competitive program that give these girls a reason to get out there and give it there all.

Our girls are competing Silver this year and all have their own individual routines on all events and own music on floor. I am familiar with MAGA and we have are running our Xcel program similar to that.

So I have a few questions for all of you coaches familiar with your Xcel program:

What level do you require scoring?
Is anyone holding smaller duel or tri meets instead of big invitationals all the time?
Does your club invitationals just attach Xcel onto their JO meets or do they have their own meets?
What are some rules that you have in your state are different than the national rules?
What is working in your state and what is not?

I want to be as informed as possible on what to bring to this meeting to help jump start this program for our state.

Thanks for any help!

Ok... With the National Xcel Code a fact, it should be much easier than it was in the past because everyone should be using the same rules / divisions (for the state websites I have checked, they all link to the USAG site for their Xcel info, so those states don't seem to be deviating.
If your state is just starting Xcel, it might be possible to create "leagues" or "districts" depending on the number of gyms participating. With the league concept, you could easily have Xcel only meets, and there could be smaller meets - dual or tri meets.
Currently, a lot of meets just include Xcel in with the JO meets, but there are some Xcel Only meets (at least at Regionals) and I assume there might be others.
In Ohio, we follow the National rules (we actually adopted them a year early). Also, there are Xcel opportunities up through the State meet and for the higher divisions, they can go to Region 5 Regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back