Off Topic Yard Sale time...ugh

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Reaction score
Every summer I put the kids old fall and winter stuff in boxes, and the same in at the end of summer to bring in the clothes that fit them for that season.

Well, IM having my yard sale this coming weekend to try and sell their stuff from last fall and winter. I never realize how many clothes my kids have except for about every six months when i go to have a yard sale.

I have been pricing for two hours now and hardly made a dent in them. Then I have to price all the household stuff Im selling (redid the bathrooms, kitchen, curtains, ect. Their old toys they have grown out of.

Why do we have so much crap to get rid of? I will sell what I can, and what doesnt sell I'll take to Salvation Army to donate.

I love doing the yard sale, i just dont like the pricing. I need to start pricing theng as i put them away for the next sale..lol

The kids are really excited, they are going to sale either lemon aide or hot chocolate. And they get to keep what ever money is made off their old toys. Which im sure they will buy more clothes or toys which will end up in a future sale..lol

I wish I could afford to just forget it and donate it all, but with the way things are these days, I just cant. I have to try and make what I can first.

I never sell anything that is worn, or stained or missing buttons ect. I take good care of my kids clothes and sell them super cheap. But, every little bit helps. I just hope people are still into yard saleing.

Well I have to say this year I gave EVERYTHING to cancer research. But mainly because our town has now designated two weekends a year for yard sales, they call them garage sales in Quebec! SO being that restricted, and the girls being at gym so much I decided enough is enough and emptied half of my basement!

I did a yard sale this past weekend too. It was beautiful weather but NO traffic whatsoever. A friend of mine across town had the same experience. My carport has a TON of stuff on it because three of my friends/neighbors also brought stuff over to sell. It was really disappointing because I told B she could take the proceeds of what we sold and apply to Flip Fest 2011 (she has to earn some of her fee).

We're going to try again next weekend. I can't give up after going through and cleaning up everything and putting prices on them.

I sell all my stuff at a kids consignment sale instead of having a garage/yard sale. I do one in the fall and one in the spring. I made over $400 this fall! I'm just glad it gets used again. My kids have stuff that they only got to wear once or twice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back