2 years in Xcel silver?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastsilver03

Help!! I'm on an Xcel silver team. I am at the older end. I am new to the team this year, but everyone else has already been on the same level for a year. There are a few girls my age.

My question is: do I have to stay on silver for next season too? I really don't want to. And, I would have to be with the younger kids from bronze. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm just a lot older than them and it's hard to make friends. I heard that some gyms require 2 years per level.

If I improve really fast, can I go to gold? I really want to stay with my friends in my level. I am not worse than the girls on my team. Some of them have skills that I don't, and I have skills that they don't. Like a standing back tuck and a straight arm kip. Unfortunately, my running tumbling isn't that great and I usually just do a ROBHS. But my running tumbling is about the same as the other girls.

Basically I just want to progress at the same pace as my friends on my level. Would they REALLY hold me back just because I have to stay for another year??
BTW I am not 15, but I just had to write that so I could make an account

It all depends on if you have your gold skills and how you are doing in silver. Coaches don't worry about how old you are, they care if you really are ready for the next level. Don't worry about your teammates. Work hard and get your gold skills. Two years is not always the norm. In the mean time, ChalkBucket is pretty strict about ages, so hopefully you are at least 14. Good luck!

I guess bogwoppit is still traveling, so somebody's got to step in for them and kindly yet sternly enforce the age rules...

I guess bogwoppit is still traveling, so somebody's got to step in for them and kindly yet sternly enforce the age rules...

No I am back, all you need to do is use the report this post function and it alerts all the mods and admins to a problem. Even when I travel there are others about, also we cannot read every thread so it helps.

To the OP, come back when you are old enough to be here legally.

Trust me, I've been there. This is coming from a 14 year old currently competing her THIRD year of Xcel silver. The girls on my team are as many as 5 years younger than me, but I love them to death. I personally find it easier to make friends with girls younger than me. Just be approachable and you'll make friends. As far as moving up, my advice is to finish out the season where your coaches put you. After the season ends I would schedule a meeting with your coach/coaches to discuss your plans for the next season. For now, just have fun and enjoy being a silver, there's no rush.

Try and work harder and getting more skills at my gym we call it open gym where we have free time and people have fun if your gym has it then you should stay and work on skills for Xcel Gold Im an Xcel Gold gymnast myself just try and work hard as you can I believe you can make it.

In my team, there is one girl who is older, the rest is younger. 3 are on the same level, the rest is lower. Even 2 girls are still doing compulsory ( in my country, compulsory is until a certain age, this year i believe Born in 2005 or later). It Goes from 9 to 16 here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back